Postage Labels and the Aust Post Tracking System

sueg57
Community Member

Thought I'd just try the postage labels through ebay for the first time, so printed them off and put my parcels in the post box as there is one close by and since then I've been clicking the tracking number to see it update and make sure they're delivered OK... however nothing is happening ... is anyone elses updating?  ... One parcel I posted last Thursday and the other over the weekend!

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

If you post in a post box you may not get a tracking update until the parcel is delivered. The only way to ensure that you get a tracking event when you post is to lodge over the counter at Australia Post.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

OK thanks well that defeats the purpose of buying them to save going to the Post Office then doesn't it... Think I'll go back to paying over the counter in the first place..

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

It is cheaper to use the ebay satchels either through ebay or click & send. I use the ebay print label if I only have a single item to ptrpare but for multiple items I find it much quicker to use the click & send site.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Yes, it does Smiley Frustrated The only real benefit I can see in using the eBay labels is only having to pay once a month for your postage.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Sometimes I do that too - going into town means an hour drive,

And I have seen them arrive at the sorting centre in tracking after a few days

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

gkam2
Community Member

Printing the labels through the eBay link wastes an awful lot of paper with only one label per page, I much prefer using Aus Post Click & Send site which makes better use of the paper with 4 labels per page. I just wish it was more compatible with Google Chrome, seeing the OOPS!! page is getting very old.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

sueg57
Community Member

Thanks everyone.. I just hope it arrives as now I don't have proof of postage?  Don't think I like this, yes it's handy paying once a month for postage but if I have to lodge over the counter to have proof of sending I might as well just pay while I'm there and have the proof in my hand that I have sent the parcel... I just hope these arrive ... the second one is reading but the first one which I posted last week is still nothing.. I might give it another day or two and then contact the buyer to see if she's received it yet... Eek come on Aussie Post do your stuff ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

did it have far to go - like to another state?   if so, I wouldn't worry yet - as I said, the first tracking will be the sorting centre.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Well I just checked it again... and still nothing there... but it was going to Queensland from VIC so I'm hopeful that maybe tomorrow something might register on the tracking number... 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply