Postage Options

I'm in Western Australia and I've been using the BX4 flatrate boxes for anything that fits because it's cheaper when posted to the Eastern States.  I set the postage to Flat at a cost of $17.45 ($15.05 for postage and $2.40 for the box).  I just had a buyer from WA contact me asking if I did pickup and that got me thinking.  I entered the box dimensions into the Australia Post Postage Calculator for postage within WA and it gave me a price of $8.95.  I'd like to add both the Flatrate Boxes AND Calculated Postage but nothing in the list looks like the BX4 boxes and if I click 'offer additional service' it just lets me include another Flatrate postage which really isn't helpful.  Am I missing something or is this an actual limitation within eBay?  I was going to complain about not being able to have an aditional charge for packaging, but I supposed you have to include that in the item price.

(PS. I added Pick-up)

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Postage Options

I'm pretty sure you are only able to offer postal services within one range - flat or calculated, so while you might be able to account for both under calculated, the first postage option selected will be the default cost, so either one will show more to some people than the other option (eg calculated will show the lower-than flat rate box price to WA, but higher to everyone else most likely, and flat box will show higher than necessary to WA).

Your best bet is to add a note in the listing that postage can be reduced to X amount for WA residents, and to wait for a revised invoice to take advantage of the reduced cost. 

If you're using calculated postage, you can add in an amount to handling for packaging etc, and it's added into the total P&H shown / charged to buyers. 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply