Postage for video games?

Hi,

I want to seel some of my video games. I've looked around a bit and it seems to have Paypal protection I will need to sent it as a parcel for $7 is this the best way of doing it?

Is there any alternative ways to post and still be protected if the buyer is shady?

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Postage for video games?

hi

i was selling them and adding only 6.95-parcel post but paying out of my own pocket to send them in

500gm satchel with tracking for paypal

ends up costing to much so now i just  that it is 500gm satchel with tracking for 8.25-

they still seem to sell,so all good

or you could put in bulk lots in a 3kg satchel with tracking for 13-40-

like all ps2 or all wii

wouldnt risk having to refund if they dont arrive cause of no tracking

tara

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Postage for video games?

@shoptilludroptara wrote:

hi

i was selling them and adding only 6.95-parcel post but paying out of my own pocket to send them in

ends up costing to much so now i just  that it is 500gm satchel with tracking for 8.25-

like all ps2 or all wii

tara

ALL parcels have tracking, and have done so since April. A 500g eBay satchel through Click and Send costs $6.95 plus satchel price (15-25c depending on how many you buy). 3kg are $11.70 + 21-35c. They are tracked to the delivery address, not just the distribution centre, so have inarguable Paypal seller protection.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Postage for video games?

You could also try sending them as a large letter - average postage cost for a game sent via letter is $1.80, and if you wanted seller protection, add $3.50 for registered, so $5.30 plus cost of packaging (quite cheap if bought in bulk - I used to use tough bags, with bubble wrap on the inside of the case and thin foam wrap on the outside - I didn't bother with registered except as an optional extra, so it would cost me a bit less than $3.00 to send one, say say $6.50 all up to send registered, which is still cheaper than parcels with packaging / printing costs). 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Postage for video games?

@davewil1964 wrote:

hi

like all ps2 or all wii

tara

ALL parcels have tracking, and have done so since April. A 500g eBay satchel through Click and Send costs $6.95 plus satchel price (15-25c depending on how many you buy). 3kg are $11.70 + 21-35c. They are tracked to the delivery address, not just the distribution centre, so have inarguable Paypal seller protection.

so if they're the prices, how come I'm getting my postage prices dinged when I use C&S prices?

my postage prices must be under what other sellers are charging?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Postage for video games?

@crikey*mate wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

hi

like all ps2 or all wii

tara

so if they're the prices, how come I'm getting my postage prices dinged when I use C&S prices?

my postage prices must be under what other sellers are charging?

Because the average buyer has NFI of what it actually costs to post something? And therefore uses their own interpretation of what they THINK it should cost.

I run 4.9+ but really should have 5.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Postage for video games?

Thank you all for your responses they have been very helpful.

I've been reading the forums and reading Paypals list of accepted evidence of postage but I am still a little confused on one thing. With click and send, when you pay for it online is this enough evidence for proof of postage and I can just pop it in a post box? or do I need to head into a post office and hand it over the counter? I am just asking because I do not have a car right now and its a little difficult to get to a post office. Whenever I've previously sent games through gumtree I have always just sent them with a pre-purchased registered post sticker and popped them in a mailbox. But as I understand it, this won't suffice as evidence for Paypal should it go missing.

I apologize if I should start a new topic rather then continue on this one. Please let me know if I should just start a new topic next time.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Postage for video games?

You need it to be scanned at some point in its journey. A lot of parcels seem to be only initially scanned at the delivery centre. So if they go missing before that you have no proof of posting. If you lodge over the counter and ensure the parcel is scanned then, then that gives you the scan event (and a lodgement receipt) to prove postage and, thus Paypal protection.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Postage for video games?

Spot on, i sell Video Games of all soughts and for 1 ps4 or Xbox game it costs $2 plus add the packaging which is $1.35 on average, so postage of $3.50 to 4.00 is very reasonable for a one game as it is posted as a letter, if you have 2 or more games in one package it will be a parcel so will cost over $7.00 in that case, i see people seling 1 single game with $8.50 postage, they are making money off postage and i will never bid on those, they should ring up the post office or go and see them and get an accurate price before putting ridiculous postage up, i sometimes feel like messaging them and telling them hey, but i refrain from it but yea lots have NFI the cost of postage should be, 1 game $4.00 max, 2 or more $8.00 max and you wont lose on postage and you wont rip your customers off on postage either, it is one thing that irks me, do your research people before selling please. Also if you sell a game system , the cost will be app $20-$25 Aus Wide and always include registered since systems are worth so much and put that in your postage too, games are the same above wherever u send in Australia as its a letter so you can take comfort from knowing the cost won't change. Cheers ..... gamesheaven77 🙂 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Postage for video games?

Given the thread is 4 years old and postage has risen several times in that time, I'm not sure what the purpose of your post was? The OP from 4 years ago wanted to know how to send a game and retain PayPal seller protection. If they followed your advice, they'd not have seller protection, which they didn't want to lose. Maybe if you're going to drag up zombie threads, at least read the content first.

thread closed.gif

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply