Posting albums/LP's?

Just wondering if any of the members have any experience posting albums/lp's through aussie post. I have quite a few rare lp's I'd like to sell but have no idea how to post them. I would want to send registered post as well if that helps.

Cheers

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Posting albums/LP's?

I've heard of sellers using new pizza boxes to send records, but not sure if they're big enough for LPs:-)

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Posting albums/LP's?

Maybe I could get domino's to deliver them as well?

😄

Good idea though.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Posting albums/LP's?

in a word. coreflute.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Posting albums/LP's?

If you want to list some as bulk lots, you could probably offer Local Pick-up for free and not worry about postage.

I just sold a 7" record and was able to send it as a 500g parcel rate ($6.60), adding Registered Post would be just another $3.20. Might be a good idea to buy a bulk lot of record mailers beforehand, if you plan to sell them individually.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Posting albums/LP's?

Boxes with thick cardboard from electrical retailers are suitable. Just cut squares out of them when needed. Pizza boxes are only suitable for pizzas - they are made of thin cardboard.

TCT
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Posting albums/LP's?

I agree - I followed the ebay guide about using new pizza boxes to post LPs and both records were broken on arrival.   Obviously the cardboard was too thin, even though I used bubble wrap etc.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Posting albums/LP's?

coreflute is great, and remember to lay the LP between 2 sheets but run the ridges in opposite directions,

i.e. one layer the ridges run Left to Right the other layer the ridges run top to bottom.  doubles the strength of the parcel

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Posting albums/LP's?

I am posting LP records every week,

what I do is cut two pieces of cardboard to the size of the record,

take the record out of the cover and place the record and the cover between the two pieces of cardboard and then place them in an expandable tough bag size GC,

then staple the bag together and put tape down both sides of the bag over the staples to make sure the staples don't cut or damage other mail in transit,

the records always arrive with no damage, or complaints from customers,

you can buy the expandable tough bags from your post office,

I buy a box of 100 to get the discount

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Posting albums/LP's?

Thanks all, some great tips there.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply