Posting to business addresses

ty.erd
Community Member

Hi,

I post my stuff to my customers in basic envelopes via street box posting.

My question is do have you guys have any problems posting to business address that don't have a letterbox?

I'm not sure if posties would leave their bikes outside to deliver a bit of mail especially if the business was on another floor.

I recently had a customer whose business only opens after 10am. He eventually got the package but took longer than it should have.

I'm hesistant to post to these businesses now because I don't know if they'll get it and since there is no tracking, customers as well as myself can get pretty frustrated as neither of us really know anything.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the business doesn't use a PO box, then they almost certainly do have mailed delivered to their door, and the postman will know when they are open for business and where to leave mail if they are not. Many of them also know when the business is closed for long periods and what to do with mail under those circumstances (schools for example).  It is part of running a  business to make such arrangements.  Employees having personal mail sent to their employer's address should have permission from their employer to do so (not all employers allow it) and should make sure they know what delivery arrangements apply for the business.

Cheers,

Penny

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

hi ty  most businesses have some sort of letterbox either downstairs or slot bottom of the doors. what do you want the postie to do if the business does not have a letterbox of some sort and dont open until 10am , if the postie comes early. thats what cards are for then the business has to go to the post office to pick up parcels , but letters who knows [dont business must have some sort of letterbox or slot on the bottom of the door.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If the business doesn't use a PO box, then they almost certainly do have mailed delivered to their door, and the postman will know when they are open for business and where to leave mail if they are not. Many of them also know when the business is closed for long periods and what to do with mail under those circumstances (schools for example).  It is part of running a  business to make such arrangements.  Employees having personal mail sent to their employer's address should have permission from their employer to do so (not all employers allow it) and should make sure they know what delivery arrangements apply for the business.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply