Printing eBay post labels for Overseas

I am currently going through a Saga with printing eBay labels for overseas shipping. I am located in Australia.

eBay are saying that you cannot print eBay labels for Overseas. **bleep**!!

The issues I have come up against are:

The send to address cannot be verified. Please correct the address or post with Australia Post directly.

The address is fine.

So I contacted eBay:

VIA ONLINE CHAT

1) eBay consultant advising that you can't use/print eBay labels for overseas and just go to Post Office to fix up.

Hang on but the customer has already paid for the postage/shipping acccording to what eBay has systematically quoted and yet I am expected to pay close to an extra $10 on shipping overseas eg customer pays $16 (according to what ebay systematically quote) yet post office charge $24.

2) eBay then advise me to contact the customer to arrangement to collect the difference.  Ba Bawhhhh.

What a terrible experience for all involved. If I even tried that. Kiss that potential relationship goodbye.

3) Then halfway through chat they advise that there is a Technical issue on my account alone where this is an issue.

They provide a Fee Credit and advise to post goods via Australia post which they charge $24.

In the meantime eBay will have the Technical team look at my account.

Just after that I get another International Order:

So today I CALL EBAY:

Which they advise no Technical issue on your account.

But referred to point 1) and 2) above.

Nothing they can do. Just the way the system is.

I find that Incredible.  The size of eBay with Manpower and Resources etc.

Has anyone else gone through this in Australia?  Surely this is a major issue?

Any practical suggestion on what can be done?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Rather than have eBay calculate the postage just charge a fixed price + 10%

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yep, what Dolls said. Works for us - no fuss.

I wouldn’t go anywhere near eBay calculated postage - nuh uh!!  I’m here for the long haul and if eBay we’re managing my pennies I wouldn’t be.

I wish you well though 🙂

Melina.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Sounds like you have postage for international set to untracked economy air rather than tracked standard mail, which would be auspost registered post international parcel.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I find that the eBay calculated postage is exactly correct if the weight and dimensions of the package have been entered correctly.

International postage can be purchased online via Australia Post My Post Business with the customs declaration being included in the process and printed out on an inclusive label. You can also set it up to import your eBay orders directly and if you use that option the postage document number is then automatically uploaded to eBay on completion.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply