Problems with eBay, Free postage not working on buying, postage costs incorrect

Tonight I am having troubles with eBays systems, I have had one sale, with "calculated postage" where eBay has calculated it incorrectly in the buyers favour. (about an hour ago)

Now, a member has purchased an item from us, that was listed as "Free Postage", and the member has had this message when they attempted to pay:-

"Will post to Australia. Read item description or contact seller for postage options"

and under that message is :-

Item location:
Morwell, Victoria, Australia

Now, unless I am mistaken, of course someone in Australia will post to Australia.... we always do....

Is anyone else having any issues?

The member sent me a asking me what was wrong with my items listing, since it was telling him he had to get a quote for postage before he could pay, and then stated that if it wasnt free postage, he would withdraw his purchase.

BUT IT IS FREE POSTAGE, AS ARE A LOT OF MY LISTINGS

Come on eBay, please check these issues and fix the problem, before we lose customers due to these issues.

Mick

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have had similar issues when I have bought items over the past couple of weeks.

When viewing the item listing page after it ends, the listing changes to say "Will post to Australia".

When I go to pay for the item through Purchase History though, I have still been able to pay for all times without any dramas... correct original postage charges etc.

In short, I'd recommend telling buyers to ignore such messages and still proceed through checkout as normal... and all should be fine.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

This has been an ongoing glitch for quite a few weeks now. I was hoping it might be fixed by now.

I'm even having to send an invoice for free post items because some buyers can't pay.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply