Professional eBay Sellers Alliance (PeSA)

comcol
Community Member

An amusing email comes from Ebay asking sellers to attend the 'annual' conference with some group called PeSA for the low low price of $595 to talk with other sellers and so called 'experts' in learning how to sell on Ebay I imagine.

Well, Ebay, I can offer everyone far better advice for free which would help 95% of sellers improve their sales and that would involve contacting Ebay and asking them to remove to blatantly bias 'best match' con and drop fees to something decent rather than the absolute rip off they have become. 

Problem solved for free.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I got that email, too.

For a cost of a minimum $2000 (if I could bludge a bed and food, although I would have to work for the food) I would get 1%ers that might make me $100 per year. Although that is doubtful; I do have a reasonable grasp of economics and retail.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

There would be other advantages in attending....

Spoiler
and I wouldn't make you work THAT hard

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

The conference has very little to do with ebay although they are represented there. It is a conference for Internet Sellers and ecommerce in general.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

let's have a meeting about it

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I got that email as well.

My reply, to ebay if I bothered, which I will not bother with.

Dear Ebay,

Once upon a time, it was worth listing  things on your site, from my fathers estate, and other things we had accrued over many years of teaching and hoarding.

We still have a big hoard in our house, but if you took good notice of my 100%  sellers rating, before you actually emailed me.

I only ever use your 40 free listings, or take advantage of any email that ads 100.

sales are so poor these days, that even if I paid nothing for my goods ( which basically they are worth to me now as I have no use for the items now) it is harldy worth my while  to spend hours of my time to make $1  on the poor bids we get on any item of value.

You will notice that I try and value an authors work, and horse books are costly when I bought them new, a professional libary was well valued as an asset when we both taught, but here I am doanating things to a new home, and  now you want a percentage of postage, it is even worse....

Sadly you will lose this hobby seller, a person who has enjoyed your site, shared  our things with other people who we hope will enjoy them as much as we have.

It was good fun, and it passes my days in retirement too, but now, I will have to donate them to lifeline, the Salvos,  as the drive to the shop will cost me less than you will take  for the many hours I spend making myself a decent reliable seller on your site... 

as they say, every dog has its day,  and ebay and Austrlia post have had   plenty of profit from my hard work as seller...

I am just  as important as a fist in a bucket of water, when you take that fist out, you cannot even see where I have been ...

But if many of us do the same, I hope your greed takes you down.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Start your books at what they're worth. Or use BIN.

A lot of buyers will, legitimately, think there is something wrong with your offerings if you sell them for way less than value.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I have a lot of good art books I wish to sell so this morning checked out second hand australian book sites. Have you checked out bookon? Never used the site before but I thought I might give that a go and it costs nothing unless you sell.

Cassie

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I never start any of my books less than the lowest price that can be found on adall-  and god knows why people throww them away there at 99c   Id rather go under  and have my floors fall in than sell a horse book for 99c.

ZI at least ask 5.50    at the lowest start, and even then it will cost the buyer $20 almost - so I also consider the serious  rip off cost of satchel from Aussie post, sure they are cheaper in bulk, but then I have to invest over $100   for 10 bags.

So either way if I pay fees to load an item ( I only use free ads now)  and then have packages sitting about, this little old pensioner cannot pay her bills ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

They must be struggling for numbers I got that email too, filed it straight away

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply