Promoted listings

Has anybody had experience with promoted listings? Does it generate sales ? Is it worth the extra cost? Patricia.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Promoted listings

i believe most people have their own opinions on whether or not they wish to spend money on promoted listings - a lot won't, some will.

i think if you sell in a highly-competitive market it does give you better visibility in search results and an advantage over other sellers.

i do use promoted listings and have found that my click-through rates and sales conversions have increased when i use them. however, i mostly take advantage of ebay pushing "promoted listings" credits at the moment which allow up to x amount of $ to be credited to your ebay account in a calendar month. 

i guess it all depends on whether or not this offer is available to you, the cost of your items and if you're struggling for sales. 

in my opinion they certainly do work for the most part, it's just whether or not it is financially viable. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Promoted listings

Has anyone else seen a material increase in the "Suggested Rate" for Promoted Listings.

The suggested rate for most of my listings was in the range of 8% to 9%.   In the last week have seen this grow to 12% to 15%.

I am wondering if this has been caused by the new settings that allow you to set a % above the suggested up to a maximum level.  This would put upward pressure on the rate up to seller's maximum level.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply