QR code

I'm hoping someone is able to help me, I sold an item and I had postage and local pickup ticked. Buyer has selected postage but contacted me to arrange local pickup. I can't change this myself to be a local pickup now and I've followed the instructions on using the QR code, I've downloaded the app, gone to sold, but I don't have the Arrange Pickup banner to be able to scan the QR code when they collect.

Is there a way I can change from postage to local pickup so I can scan the QR code, or is it possible to scan the QR code by hovering the camera over this (like a normal QR code)?

I've gone into the listing and can see Show pickup code, but when I click this, it doesn't seem to work!!

I just want to use the QR code for confirmation that this has been picked up as I've been scammed on ebay before and I don't want this to happen again. ebay took the side of the buyer and wouldn't listen to me even though I had proof that he collected the items. He ended up keeping the two bikes that I sold and he got his money back as he claimed he never received the items so I don't want this to happen again!

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

QR code

Are you able to just write the code - then enter manually. ??

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

QR code

@**sparklystars** wrote:

I just want to use the QR code for confirmation that this has been picked up as I've been scammed on ebay before and I don't want this to happen again. ebay took the side of the buyer and wouldn't listen to me even though I had proof that he collected the items. He ended up keeping the two bikes that I sold and he got his money back as he claimed he never received the items so I don't want this to happen again!

Giving that person TWO lots of positive feedback is only going encourage it

eBay always take the side of the buyer, if you did not have the QR code then, what acceptable proof (acceptable to eBay) did you have?

They won't accept something like a text message from the buyer

It does'nt matter how honest the seller is and how scammy the buyer is, the buyer will always win if there is not any proof that ebay consider proof

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

QR code

If you can't get the ebay sale to show 'pickup' - take a photo of the QR code when the buyer picks up.
Better than nothing 🙂

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

QR code

This happened before ebay had the QR code system! All my communication with the buyer were in the ebay message centre, but when I contacted ebay they said they couldn't see the messages for the date and time I was quoting! Thank you for responding.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

QR code

Thank you, I'll do that but from my past dealings with ebay they don't accept photos uploaded as they could be a scam, so if it isn't in the ebay site then they wouldn't accept it. That was a few years ago now and this is the first time I've used ebay since I was scammed. Thank you for the reply. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

QR code

I'll write it down and take a photo of the QR code and hope there is somewhere I can manually enter it. Thank you for responding.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

QR code

If pick up was not selected the option to scan and the buyer having a QR code wont be an option. You may need to cancel and they repurchase as refunding the payment I dont think brings back the option anymore. 

Just looked to see it was an auction. I am not sure what you can do as I thought it may have been buy it now.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

QR code

If all else fails, print out order and have them sign for receipt of item

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

QR code

But - this could be anyone's signature. ??

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply