Question on Post flat rate

Hi - I obviously havent sold in a while. When checking my sale the flat rate offer popped up that I haven't dealt with before.

If you take the option for the flat rate with Aust post & print out the label do you just box the item (shoes) & attach label, then pay at the PO. Or do you take it there & they bag it & attach print out? You dont pay for the postage on Ebay but at the PO?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It would depend on what options you pick.

I use flat rate for everything - large letters, AP satchels and eBay satchels (I don't use own packaging)

It just means you charge a flat, rather than calculated, rate. Safer, imo, as eBay are notorious for not updating AP rates, even for eBay postage. I think it was the 2016 parcel rates increase where eBay still hadn't updated their postage calculator by the time the 2017 increases came around. That's when I went to flat rates. It means I have to manually update postage when it increases, but it's better than copping a loss due to eBay's inefficiency.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks Dave but I don't think you are answering my question. I set a set rate in my listing. But I'm being offered a lower one after it's being sold. Normally I'd just front up to the post office & pick a satchel & hand over the cash. If I print out the address am I getting a different/ cheaper rate than the one I put in the listing. Is this paid at the post office?
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

The only lower rates I'm aware of at point of printing are for eBay satchels. Which means you need to purchase the satchels from AP (35c each in 5-packs for 3kg) and the postage payment is added to your monthly eBay invoice.

if you want to pay at the PO, I believe you would need to be using MyPost Business, which I don't use. d*g is the resident expert on that, so you might have to wait until she comes in.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@tetibird wrote:
Thanks Dave but I don't think you are answering my question. I set a set rate in my listing. But I'm being offered a lower one after it's being sold. Normally I'd just front up to the post office & pick a satchel & hand over the cash. If I print out the address am I getting a different/ cheaper rate than the one I put in the listing. Is this paid at the post office?

I have used the flat rates for the 500 gram and 3 kg eBay satchels and the flat rates for the B1,B2 and B4 AP

boxes.

The satchels are available via the online Australia Post seller and I used to grab a few boxes each time I posted

items.

(https://auspost.com.au/sending/satchels-and-packaging/send-in-satchel-or-envelope/ebay-flat-rate-sat...

I print the labels and then put them on the packages,(once you get to the post office they just scan them and

you get a receipt with the tracking number on it).

The postage is charged to your eBay seller account and is included on the invoice,(for me it's quick and easy

and so far hassle free),good.gif

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply