Question regarding DSR scores

Hi

I dont post here often.

I have an issue with the DSR rating system. Up to now I've maintained 100% positive feedback with my buyers.

But when i looked at my DSR ratings I noticed that a few buyers have marked down my DSR ratings.

I am mistified as to why they have done this. 

Nearly all of my items are shipped with FREE Postage. I always ship sold items within the 1 day handling time and I automatically leave Positive Feedback for all my buyers.

I respond to all queries almost immediatly - using ebay Android app so i can respond within a few minutes.

How can i improve these ratings.

Its currently impossible for me to add tracking to my cosmetics range if I paid for tracking eg click and send then i would be making a loss.

Does anyone have any ideas Is my account at risk? I dont want to get a suspension because a few buyers decided to give me low stars

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

4.9 is nothing to be worried about.  One of my IDs also has 4.9 for speed of postage and I almost always post the moment the payment is made.  Well, if it is made at night I post first thing next morning, but as I am only up the road from our PO I am usually able to post immediately.  The only thing I can think of is that couple of people bought BIN Friday night and I posted Monday.  I could have posted Saturday morning at our agency, but if I do, the parcel will sit there till Monday night anyway.  :_|

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

There is no satisfying some buyers, doesn't matter how good you are, they will find a fault or supposed fault of some sort.  Then there are the ones that mark your stars down "just because they can".  You can't win.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for the tips

Ive decided to up my prices and send via click n send so i always have tracking

I also sell at markets so i can sell the low value items there

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

the "Postage time" DSR needs renaming to "Time to post" as many buyers rate sellers on this DSR according to how long it has taken for the item to get to them.  I can control how quickly I post, but once I hand my parcels over to Australia Post I have no control over how long it takes to get to the buyer.

yep thats what has been happening to me

i post the same day or if the sale is after hours i post the next day

but buyers still arnt happy I just cant win

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

OP, I wouldn't worry.

It's happened to me too recently. All my stars have been rated down and I also have no idea why.

I post either the same day, or the next. Items are packaged well. I also include a thank you note.

My item descriptions are thorough without being over-bearing. A lot of buyers don't like reading an essay so I keep that in mind.

My communication is also fast, efficient and polite.

My postal charges are always only what AP charge me, even sometimes less.

Yet, some buyers aren't happy. I wouldn't worry yourself. Your feedback looks great.

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Some people seem to think 3 or 4 is adequate for a routine transaction. Which it should be on a scale of 1 to 5.

eBay however have deemed anything under a 4.4 average (which equates to 40% think perfect and 60% very good) as unacceptable. Thus the sellers' expectations are geared to 5s, whereas the average buyer, especially if they're new or don't come to the boards, probably reckons they're doing the seller a favour by giving them 4.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I have fives for most of the criteria, but only 4.9 for posting. 

I post the day the buyer pays, unless they pay after 4.30, and I assume the markdown is because the buyers are not all happy with the time it takes to receive the parcel.

Since I use C&S, I follow the tracking myself, and I was horrified to see that an item from Adelaide to Albany, WA, took nearly two weeks!!

I'm almost supplied that star isn't worse.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."

Goethe

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

That last sentence was, of course, 

"I'm almost surprised that star isn't worse."

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."

Goethe

Message 10 of 11