RECEIVED A OFFER BUT OFFER OPTION NOT TURNED ON

EE010DF9-87A8-4E37-8CDD-CCE3EA6484E4.pngG’day this is weird I have just received a offer on one of my listings but i have the best offer option turned off, how can someone make an offer ?

eBay item number: 175196302971Hella LED Lamp
9097FEB7-46EA-4741-BA83-CBCBE4AA28CA.jpeg
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I have no idea if this is a real possibility... but... maybe the buyer saw the option, clicked on the button, then left the page where you can make an offer open and went to bed, then this morning he decided to finalize the offer? Would it still go through?

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Sellers can send offers to watchers.

Edit: Oh, sorry, I thought you had received an offer as a potential buyer.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

C29DEE8E-A67F-4E45-AF32-8FA8133407B0.jpeg

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

CB825A52-283C-44CF-A087-0C8A2E85D63C.jpeg

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Seems a bit of a glitz - if you're happy with the offer - all good - otherwise just decline.

$28 off - a bit rich. lol

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

These days the option is available to buyers under "contact seller"

How do I make an offer?
The seller hasn't enabled offers for this item. See if they'll consider one – send a message with your best price.

No biggie, really, if you don't like the offer, just decline.    Or make a counter-offer.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I was just thinking the same. As a matter of fact, I had even typed the message and taken a screenshot, but then I didn't post it because I was not sure how it works and if it is just a message or a real offer. I never used that option because I wouldn't send a seller an offer if they don't have "make an offer" enabled.

But yes, you are right. Just as watchers can ignore unwanted offers sent by sellers, sellers can ignore unwanted offers sent from the contact page too.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

It’s not a problem, I can’t see how a buyer can make an offer using the offer option when there isn’t one to make a offer on - how did they do it

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

I don't see anywhere you enter an amount other than in your typed message. This would come through as a standard message as far as I can see. I receive these types of offers regularly.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply