Randomly charged to list items in the "Buy it Now" section supposed to be free.

Why am I being randomly charged for "Buy it now" listings when within my limits, they are supposed to be free? I queried my bill over the phone last month sending scanned copies of my bill with the over charges marked on the pages as they told me to do  and got no reply, just took the money out of my account which was a steep 15.21% of my earnings.      Has this happened to anyone else?     Any advise would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@lyndal1838 wrote:

You do not have a lot of feedback as a seller.....are you subject to any listing limits even though you have a store?

Also, auctions are not free for store holders....you are running a number of auctions at the moment.

They have their auctions listed in the collectables category, even though they should be listed as jewellery. My guess is it's to avoid listing fees. Silly move because people won't find them and if eBay does, the OP is likely to get slapped for listing in the wrong category to avoid fees.

I'd be more concerned about giving my items away. There are quite a few where the OP will actually lose money, let alone break even. By the time they pay their store fees, FVF, plus PayPal fees, it hardly seems worth listing a lot of the things. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If it was one for the 40 free listings it shouldn't have been anything to list items. As you have a store account, you have even more free listings so this does seem strange.

The only time I've been stung by eBay is when they have had a free subtitle promotion - when that item automatically relists itself, they start charging $2 even if the original listing had free subtitles!
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You do not have a lot of feedback as a seller.....are you subject to any listing limits even though you have a store?

Also, auctions are not free for store holders....you are running a number of auctions at the moment.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Also, if anything is listed in two categories you'll pay for the second category.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

They have their auctions listed in the collectables category, even though they should be listed as jewellery. My guess is it's to avoid listing fees. Silly move because people won't find them and if eBay does, the OP is likely to get slapped for listing in the wrong category to avoid fees.

I'd be more concerned about giving my items away. There are quite a few where the OP will actually lose money, let alone break even. By the time they pay their store fees, FVF, plus PayPal fees, it hardly seems worth listing a lot of the things. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply