Re: Hey Ebay are you ever going to answer my questions and complaints ?

So tell me this, if we are not allowed to call out people that do the wrong thing (ie bid, win and then just walk away), what is the purpose of having feedback that is  only "positive"? 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why do you believe eBay policy does not apply to you?

What is the point of 'calling people out' when nobody but you can see who the 'buyer' is?

Their username is not visible to anyone else, so they have no idea who the 'buyer' is

You rewarded both buyers with big green ticks, in so telling eBay you are happy they did not pay

Given that false positives are a breach of the rules you agreed to as a seller, and you publicly posted the 'buyers' phone number and postal address of another, you are lucky eBay has not 'looked into' things, as you are the one they would come down on

And you then come to the member to member forum and abuse people here

You could have cancelled the sales with the reason 'buyer did not pay' so they would get non payment strikes and sellers who have blocks in place would not have to deal with them but did not do that

eBay has not allowed buyers to get anything other than positive feedback or no feedback since roughly 2008

Take that up with eBay and hopefully they will look into everything for you

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Feedback is mainly for buyers to assess sellers, not vice versa.

In the old days, some sellers used to neg a buyer who dared neg them. . That's why ebay stepped in.

The seller power is not in feedback, it is in being able to block buyers and put in non payment claims, to give that buyer a (admittedly hidden) strike. If they get a couple of those, their days of trouble making on ebay are limited to those sellers who do not have blocks in place. From all others, they will be banned from buying.

That's your hidden power, use it.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Giving a buyer a negative doesn't stop them buying. They could have 1,000 negatives out of 1,010 feedback and still be able to buy. All it does is give the seller 15 seconds of satisfaction. If they hit buy on an item of yours, it's too late when you check their feedback, they've already hit the button.

What does work, is as already mentioned, cancelling the sale with buyer didn't pay and giving them a strike. They could get 1,000 strikes from 1,010 transactions and ebay won't do much, but it stops them buying from many sellers when they have as little as 2 strikes.

That said, I have seen buyers where hundreds and hundreds of sellers had left false positive feedback saying they didn't pay, on both their accounts. The feedback eventually stopped, so there's a chance that ebay did prevent them from buying again, or they just gave up being an A hole. She would bid on clothes.

As no one can see the ID of the buyer, leaving a negative or a false positive doesn't warn anyone because only you can see the ID that goes with the feedback. Set up buyer blocks. Block the pests and move on.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply