Refunding postage only cost

Hi, just wondering how to refund the postage cost on an item that has been sold. I said i'd give the guy free postage but i believe hes already paid it.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can go into the paypal transaction, and send them a partial refund there.  If they didn't pay by paypal, then you'll need to a bank transfer.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can go into the paypal transaction, and send them a partial refund there.  If they didn't pay by paypal, then you'll need to a bank transfer.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

when someone tells you exactly how, remember you have paid fees on the postage amount, so take that into consideration.

also, to help followers, maybe let them know how much you are talking about and the method the buyer paid you

if its paypal, you can just issue a partial refund through the transaction where they paid you, or you can send them the money through paypal (though I'd do it on the transaction so it keeps a tidy trail.

if bank deposit - just back to their bank.

dont send money through the mail, that's against AP policy

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

okay thanks guys. Yes i believe he did pay through paypal. 
I understand that i have to pay fees with regard to postage but i dont care anymore. Just want to get the sale over with.
So i will give him partial refund through paypal?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Ok. so im in paypal. I can see the button that says issue refund.
 If i click that will that refund the full total amount? I cant see anything that says partial refund?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Ok. figured it out. 
You hit refund , then it says how much you want to refund.
Cheers

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply