Refunds

Tonight i had a request (well more like a demand) for a refund from a buyer claiming damage on a Leona Edmiston dress i sold on Sunday.Buyer claims damage on a tie at the bottom of the dress,claims it's false advertising etc & that she expects a refund.

I msg back that usual procedure is to send me a pic of the damage then post the item back.

I tied those ties up for pics just before i listed it & you can see 'em in the pics.No damage but I'm fine with a refund.

She msg back that i already know the damage & she not going to take pics but give her my address so she can post back & wants the refund paid to her bank account.

She paid with PayPal so if i refund to her bank account can she claim she got no refund?Or is it better to do it this way with the new defect system?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Refunds

@2011.narelle wrote:

She msg back that i already know the damage & she not going to take pics but give her my address so she can post back & wants the refund paid to her bank account.

She paid with PayPal so if i refund to her bank account can she claim she got no refund?Or is it better to do it this way with the new defect system?

If you send a refund to her bank account, she can still dispoute the PayPal payment, so that is definitely not recommended.

You will need to let her know that the only way you can refund is via the same payment method. 

If you are happy to refund, then I would provide the address and let her know that the refund will be issued once the dress is received back in the same condition as when sent. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Refunds

@2011.narelle wrote:

If you send a refund to her bank account, she can still dispoute the PayPal payment, so that is definitely not recommended.

You will need to let her know that the only way you can refund is via the same payment method. 

If you are happy to refund, then I would provide the address and let her know that the refund will be issued once the dress is received back in the same condition as when sent. 

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Refunds

Sounds of scam to me
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Refunds

Thanks Cat & Digi,i thought it was weird cos i got her msg while reading the post on damaged designer dress.She was quite sharp & accusing but as i said i tied those up for pics & i know they were fine.She doesn't leave fb so hard to tell.

Glad i asked,she'll probably go mad when i refund to PayPal.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Refunds

Sorry,Harley i mean.Getting a bit tired.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Refunds

It would be interesting to know if it's the same buyer mentioned in the thread about the damaged dress.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Refunds

what is the deal with this?

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Refunds

Don't think so libby but I'm hinton about it.Hello next defect lol

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Refunds

Doesn't appear to be the same one. The other sellers buyer has 44 feedback.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Refunds

No i don't think so,was more like funny timing on a similar issue.I don't often have problems,just the occasional non payer.Wil be kind of interesting to see how it goes.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply