Reserve Price in Oz?

Is it possible to put Reserve price on Australian listings? 

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Reserve Price in Oz?

only in motor vehicles

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/lowering-reserve.html

all other auctions, best to start with a price you are happy with

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Reserve Price in Oz?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Reserve Price in Oz?

If you want to put in extra work such as converting currencies you can list a reserve auction on the USA and UK sites.

TCT
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Reserve Price in Oz?

If you are selling in a category that does not permit a reserve price then the min amount you start an auction at is your reserve price to avoid selling for less than you want it to sell for.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Reserve Price in Oz?

Yes I understand, thanks to everyone.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Reserve Price in Oz?

No deja too much work for me. thanks for the suggestion.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Reserve Price in Oz?

There is a link for " Universal Currency Converter " at the end of every search results page if you ever need to use it. It automatically works everything out.

TCT
Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Reserve Price in Oz?

ddcrs2013
Community Member

I've wasted a valuable hour to find out the answer is no ... only with motor vehicles. The trouble is that fairly basic piece of information doesn't appear in the online help so I was searching for something doesn't exist.

That was after trying to get online help which is promoted 'at any time' but I think that's an exaggeration!

I was planning to list a good brand name wristwatch, but not being able to set a reserve makes that not appealing so I will strike off about 90 minutes in total that got me nothing but very frustrated.

Is it just me, or does this site seem like the childrens' play version or an early stage beta test that went live in 1990 and they forgot to switch off ... and meanwhile at a different address is the real site designed for the 21st Century?

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Reserve Price in Oz?

I've wasted a valuable hour to find out the answer is no ... only with motor vehicles. The trouble is that fairly basic piece of information doesn't appear in the online help so I was searching for something doesn't exist.

dont know why it took you so long, I just checked, less than 60 seconds to click

Site Map

A-Z Help

type in Reserve

click link to Selling using a Reserve Price

following info appears

The Reserve Price option is only available for vehicles listed in the Cars, Bikes, Boats category.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 10 of 27
Latest reply