Rival selling site closure

Just saw that eBay's rival run by carsales is closing on 30 July!

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Yup got that email too. Caresales really missed the boat with that. Could have done soooo much with it. Anyone with a few spare dollars could buy a bargain! 

Been on there since the early days when it was known as something else. Oh well something else will come along ....

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I never got a notification. Admittedly I've only been a member for 9 years.

I do know that I couldn't list or edit anything on Friday or Saturday, and my last potential sale went belly-up because the system wouldn't allow me to accept an offer.

CS is obviously strapped for money. Sponsoring Supercars, caravan shows, fishing shows, etc doesn't leave much for maintaining a site they only bought for the backend software.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

My email said it was quicksales.com.au closing, which was no surprise,
Not carsales.
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

run by carsales

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@beallieblue-oz wrote:
My email said it was quicksales.com.au closing, which was no surprise,
Not carsales.

Its owned by carsales who bought it when it was oztion then did nothing with it and let it die a slow death. It was a great site when it was oztion ...had a ball over there but once the name changed the whole thing changed and not for the better.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

actually got a message from a customer about 2 months ago that they sent 1 year ago

it was quite a system they had

@transport-posters wrote:

Just saw that eBay's rival run by carsales is closing on 30 July!

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

It improved for a while after CS bought it, or at least for me and a few others.  It was just building up nicely when they sabotaged the site on us and sold us all down the river.  I'm convinced someone took a bribe to deliberately throw a spanner in the works because the last changes they made (before it suddenly died several years ago) were beyond comprehension.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I was doing very well over there until about April 2013 when Carsales took over. Slowly it went downhill towards that 1st Xmas under the new regime. I had great return buyers for glassware; antiques; craft things & even clothing! I was @ the post office daily & sometimes had 10 parcels to send. I even used couriers & Temando for big stuff & interstate bulk orders!

I lasted for awhile with good sales mostly from repeat customers & lay-buys; making the decline a gradual downhill.;But have only sold a half dozen items there this year. Despite maintaining about 250 items for sale over the decline.

Today I got the email & can't even access the site to log in! I relisted some unsolds only last Friday! A google search will get the error page, as will my saved search function on the computer.

My daughter managed to get in using to the main site page & then advanced search & search member using her own ID name on the site - So as to save her listings & pics for later use.

I predict a lot of bulk listings of unsold stock on ebay from our household shortly! 

As Douglas Adams said in his books ... So long & thanks for all the fish! - Except loyal sellers are being hit in the face with a wet fish!

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Carsales took over well before 2013. Around April 2013 was when I decided I was wasting my time there, but up until around Nov 12 it was still good. It was especially good for several months in 2012 when ads for quicksales were showing on heaps of ebay pages/listings for similar items.
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply