SALES dead in the water !!!!

My Ebay sales are gradually GRINDING TO A HALT !!

I am a Top Rated seller with around 20 items rolling over every 30 days

* All with Free Postage

* All with big watch counts

* 100% feedback score

Since the beginning of May.

1st to 16th May...............      56 sales (around my normal figure)

17th to 31st May  ...........       28 sales (NO sales at all 17th - 19th May)

1st June to 16th June......      27 sales

17th June to 20th (today) ... 4 sales

EBay please tell me please WHAT IS GOING ON   ?????

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

New competitor ???

Message 2 of 60
Latest reply

It is hard to sustain a store with only a few items listed, works much better if you use all your free listing allowance. Also why not try listing a few related products so you are more likely to appear in searches and people may buy one of your prints with another item.

Times are hard and more and more people are going to look at cheaper ways of doing things, if I wanted something like you are selling I would create and print it myself.

You may have had a niche market for a while but others looking to start selling on ebay may have seen your products, realised they can do similar and so started selling in competition. To succeed long term on ebay you have to be prepared to be flexible and to change your business model if needed.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 60
Latest reply

Me too rosiegrinsel. Exactly the same pattern of decline in my sales. IMO it is mainly the rather drastic economic climate...no one has money to spend on niceties and non essentials. High personal debt coupled with rising cost of living. Hopefully the new financial year will bring renewed hope. One thing is for sure:  it aint got nothing to do with what you are or arent doing! 

Message 4 of 60
Latest reply

Check to see if you items are actually being listed. Problem with search engines this month.

Message 5 of 60
Latest reply

You are not alone rosie - I am suffering, like you I would be selling ten times the amount in normal times, I am counting on the prediction that it will pick up after EOFY - of course it is MY prediction, so here's hoping 😞

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 60
Latest reply

I'm selling no where near as much as I was a few months ago...I wish I knew why! ?:|

Message 7 of 60
Latest reply

Check your listings under a separate buying ID - chances are the new ebay feature, advertising competitors items between the price and description - are taking buyers away from your listings.  

They are directly under the price/picture and before the description, and will be the same, or similar items generally cheaper and frequently from china.
The thing that annoys me most is ebay has slyly made it so these don't show on my listings when I check under my seller ID but always show when I check under a buying ID, so they are trying to hide the true story.
It's insulting and annoying they draw people, who have clicked on my listing due to the title, gallery and placing in best match - so are half way to buying - away from my listing, before they even get a chance to read the description. 

Every seller needs to complain.

Message 8 of 60
Latest reply

Naah.... Probably not....... Too busy thinking of other ways to 'make my fortune'. (lol)

Message 9 of 60
Latest reply

Yep, I just checked one of my items with another ID, and there, between MY item and it's description, was my major competitors's item for the buyer to see !!!

When I looked at the same item on my seller's ID it was not there !!!

Thankyou for bringing this to my attention.

I will certainly get in line to complain about this. !!!!

Message 10 of 60
Latest reply