SELLERS Standard Account or Store? Skus?

I sell 2nd hand in eBay as a hobby/income. I don't need it to be huge but I have approx. 250-500 items at the moment and will grow. Do I start a store and pay the $25 a month or stay as I am with higher fee's … do they charge you $0.05 per listing or is that after your free 250,000 listings? Is there any advantage to a store when I am such a small seller in comparison? 
Also in my standard account I can't add SKU's is this normal? I really need a way to SKU System! I also have no way of tracking its original listing date or how I am going with reports etc? Is this all only available when I open a store? As you can see I need help setting up some of the essentials... I am currently looking into free returns and international shipping and that is a new forum convo for another day! 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm also a smallish seller - I have about 300-400 items on average, and one main advantage with the store is being able to create categories and sort your items in ways which makes it easier for buyers.

There are no listing fees, so go wild. 

I don't use SKU's and I don't care when my items sell, nor when they are listed. Some items can sit in a shop for several years!

Reporting is in your Seller Hub under Payment/Reports. You don't need a shop to run a report.

I'm not sure about offering free returns as you are selling a lot of clothes and some buyers tend to treat such sellers as clothes rentals. They purchase an item, wear it for an event and then claim there was an issue and try to send it back on your dime. Lots of seller complaints about this.

I wouldn't worry about growing until you have consistent sales. Clothing is a very saturated category, and I think you'll struggle to sell much as you have absolutely no measurements. Saying that something is a size 14 means nothing.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Jelly:   measurements are in the pictures, the few I looked at.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

There are a couple that show a tape measure indicating the length of a garment, but absolutely nothing to indicate such things as waist, or armpit to armpit/chest measurement etc. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply