Sales Down

Hi.  May sales have dropped 50% in the last 3 months.  My products are non- essential items - Toys and gifts.

Perhaps due to current pressures because of interest rate rises?

Just wondering if others are experiencing the same thing. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Sales Down

LOL - May sales are 5 months ago - unless you mean MY.

Checked your Supermarket bill lately,. ??

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Sales Down

Mine are up.

And when you consider just one item I looked up from you, it is $10 dearer then others,  yep sales down in that case.  Only looked at 1.  

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Sales Down

hang in there....xmas is just around the corner....good luck

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Sales Down

Mine are up, ex ALL costs, 80% year on year, so no.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Sales Down

I had a quick browse through the list of your ads and the items look great. I have no idea of how they compare to similar ads, I didn't go that far as to search. But your ads look excellent.

However, some are most definitely collectables and more for a niche market of adults. Others are toys, but quite expensive toys. You may find your sales pick up now as Christmas nears.

But you are right, a lot of people are under pressure at the moment. It isn't just interest rates, it is big price hikes in everything from food to health insurance... everything. It's going to have an impact on what people spend on, for sure.

I don't sell but I know a couple of other people who do and both say that ebay sales are down on what they used to be in the past. That won't be so for every seller, depends on what they are selling but I can understand that your products may take a hit in these uncertain times.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Sales Down

@springyzone wrote:

I had a quick browse through the list of your ads and the items look great. I have no idea of how they compare to similar ads, I didn't go that far as to search. But your ads look excellent.

I had a look at a few more beyond the one I checked yesterday.  All well above the price of other sellers.

At any time, but in particular in difficult times,  buyers are in general an astute lot (accept when buying from low feedback sellers),   so why would they buy from OP if they can get them elsewhere.

I do wonder if OP has taken the 2 minutes it took me to check out their competitors.  I have hundreds of items listed and do it on a semi regular basis,  it is actually a good approach,  as you see if you are being undercut,  but on a few items I could actually increase my price and still have consistent sales.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Sales Down

I disagree as checking prices is a time consuming thing to do and for some sellers not possible. It is easier to have best offer which stops your competitors continually undercutting your price and lowering your profit margins. Plus some use computer programs to do it so it will be never ending.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Sales Down

@eol-products wrote:

I disagree as checking prices is a time consuming thing to do and for some sellers not possible. It is easier to have best offer which stops your competitors continually undercutting your price and lowering your profit margins. Plus some use computer programs to do it so it will be never ending.

We obviously differ in opinion,   why would you not be monitoring your competitors prices,  seems ludicrous to me.   took me a couple of minutes to check a handfull of OP's items.   In the time they put their whinge up on the forum they could have checked 10 of their items.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Sales Down

I disagree with you.

I have triple your listings and find checking prices every 6 months not to be onerous.

With 600ish listings, for you that would be 3 a day.

Hardly time consuming.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply