Sales history against product on listings

Hi,

Is there a way to keep the sales history shown against a product once the listing is all sold and then stock replenished to relist? 

Every time we sell out of something, we lose the sales history even though new stock is coming in all the time. 

We have the out of stock option selected but this doesnt seem to help. 

We are a store on eBay and feel that retaining the sales history visible for buyers would give them more confidence in their purchases. 

Hope this makes sense and maybe someone can shed some light on this. 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@4wd_partshop wrote:

Every time we sell out of something, we lose the sales history even though new stock is coming in all the time. 

We have the out of stock option selected but this doesnt seem to help. 

That's odd, as the way the option is supposed to work, is that a listing will sell out, but not end, thus retaining the sales history - this won't help, but that's exactly how it works for me, as I've implemented it with my store (i.e. a listing goes to 0 quantity, and remains listed but not visible onsite in searches, and will tick along for a maximum of 3 months before ending if not restocked in the interim).

The only possibility I can think of - are all your listings GTC (only end when sold, so don't require relisting at all)? I'm presuming they are, but I honestly can't think of anything else at the moment. 😕 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

The Out of Stock option works, but how long did you wait before you replenished the stock?

All 0 quantity listings get delisted automatically after 3 months if they stayed 0 quantity throughout that time.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

They are replenished within days. worst case on a genuine part would be 1 month but thats rare for anything we list on eBay. 

The out of stock option says for listings GTC and thats how ours are done. 

We use an eBay link program so when i enter the stock in, it updates and relists automatically.

I will keep an eye on it, just wasnt sure if we missed something as it only shows how many are available not how many have been sold

😞

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks all.
I think i might need to speak with the guys who run the link program we use for eBay as that might be the issue. Yay! haha
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@4wd_partshop wrote:

We use an eBay link program so when i enter the stock in, it updates and relists automatically.

That "relists" bit sounds a bit sus. Because you don't need to relist anything, just update the quantity and it's set to go. Good idea to speak with your link program people.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply