Seller fee charged for unpaid item for which buyer is not responding and is over 30 days

I had listed an item for "pickup only" . A buyer interstate bought it asking to be posted.

Postage cost were very high as it was a furniture item. Buyer didn't respond or cancel or paid the order.

Ebay charged be significant seller fees when I didn't receive a cent from the buyer.

Ebay is not letting me cancel as its over 30 days. 

How can I get a refund of incorrect seller fees and cancel the order?

Thanks in advance !

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Seller fee charged for unpaid item for which buyer is not responding and is over 30 days

The seller fees are not incorrect - you always get charged when an item sells. Ebay doesn't know that the buyer hasn't picked it up or has changed their mind.

Fees are about 14% of the sold price.

There is a procedure to follow - usually if a buyer doesn't respond or refuses to follow through, you can cancel the sale, get your fees back and re-list it. I'm not sure why it won't let you cancel after 30 days though.

I would suggest that when you re-list it, you put your suburb code in the title, ie: pickup from 3280, or whatever. Also, do not give in to buyers who suddenly want it posted - they will never agree to the postage cost when they hear how much it is.

The cot might be better listed on your local Facebook marketplace as there are no fees to do so and you will get buyers who are in your area.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks. I did not know about 30 days limit on ability to cancel. It says buyer reminded to pay but buyer hasn't responded to my emails too. Is there any way to contact ebay customer care ? I feel totally lost. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

The buyer has changed their mind so there is no point in continuing to communicate with them.

When you go to the sold listing and click on cancel order- can you attach a screen shot of what the options are? 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply