Sellers Opinin please

trishreid88
Community Member

Hi all.
I have posted regarding this same item on the buyers board but there have been some developments and I would really like the opinion of sellers specifically.
I recently purchased an item using the Australia only search tool. Found an item with NSW listed as item location. This along with the postage terms is why I purchased the item.  I won't go into the whole story as that is on the buyers board.

Item finally arrived today (Sale date was 25th Oct) Item was posted from Germany.
So my question to you sellers.
If you were selling in the same category would you prefer a buyer to penalise a seller for false and misleading item location or
would you rather a buyer just be thankful the item arrived irregardless of the fact the seller misrepresented item location and also did not follow their own postage terms stated in the listing?

I understand buyers and sellers mentality is often different from each other and that is why I am asking you to answer from a sellers perspective.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Sellers Opinin please

If the seller deliberately misrepresented the location, then they should expect to hear about it. I most certainly would.
Are you certain it's the seller and not Ebay that's done it though?
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Sellers Opinin please

How would you tell the difference?

For the first time ever I did not look at FB before buying only because it was very low cost, "aussie" seller and over 99% FB.
However now having looked at their FB they have quite a few negs for misleading item location and postage delays.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Sellers Opinin please

Is there a possibility that the item was drop shipped, if say, the seller was in NSW and unexpectedly ran out of stock, and got a supplier to send it?

I haven't looked at the details on the other board, this consideration may have been addressed. I would see that as a genuine effort to get the item to you, although they should have advised you, as it would cause delays in any case.

Regards,  Kevin

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Sellers Opinin please

I'm not sure how you would tell, except to ask the seller themselves. I'm just a little wary of jumping the gun these days because some weird stuff does happen with Ebay and it's usually sellers who cop the brunt of the flack for it.
Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Sellers Opinin please

I am not sure Kevin.
I have had no communication from them.
I might send them an email and ask why they have item listed as located in Australia and see what they say.
Thanks

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Sellers Opinin please

Will you let us know how you went Trish?
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Sellers Opinin please

treasuress and Kevin.
Ok I find this very interesting. I went to send a message to this seller and when I selected postage it had 2 questions. This is what was there.

• Where do you post from?
    This item posts from NSW, Australia.
  • Do you offer international postage?
    This seller doesn't offer international postage.

I selected NO this does not answer my question and wrote my message asking 2 questions.
    1) You state you will post within 48hrs of payment excluding Sunday and public holiday. I purchased this on Saturday 25th and you marked the item as posted on the Thursday 30th. Why the delay?
    2) This item did NOT come from NSW but from Germany. WHY?

Will be interesting if they respond.
Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Sellers Opinin please

Trish - if it came from Germany most likely it actually came from China. A lot of Chinese Sellers are sending their stock through to a European Country to avoid their items being stopped by the tighter rules and regulations which have been put in place regarding the posting of certain items. They have got around this by sending their parcels via a european country as they go by road to Europe and then on to Australia.

As far as feedback goes - I am not a believer in leaving non positive feedback or marking down stars for minor problems. However, in this situation, the listing was misleading regarding the item location and communication has been non existent.

As we know the feedback and DSR system is supposed to help buyers identity the honest reliable sellers so there are times when it is appropriate to let other buyers be aware that there may be some issues with a particular seller.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Sellers Opinin please

I agree totally with Jen. I would be reflecting my disgruntlement in both feedback and star ratings. I don't have a problem with drop shippers, IF it is mentioned in their listing. If they say the items are being posted from NSW, I expect them to posted from NSW. As I am also in NSW, I would expect most things to arrive in less than a week. If it arrives 3 weeks later with foreign stamps on, then I wouldn't be happy.

That said, sometimes things happen and the seller might run out of stock and have the item sent from their overseas supplier. In that scenario, I would expect the seller to contact me and inform me that's what was going on. A seller who doesn't do that is setting them self up for disaster as buyers are going to open cases for INR against them and their defect rate will go through the roof.

It's no wonder sellers have a bad name when idiots go and pull stunts like this.

As for leaving the DSR rating, I don't think you get defected for low communication stars, so I would also be marking them down on item description as their description was incorrect by stating the item would be posted from NSW, when it was obviously posted from overseas. 3 and under will give them the defect  they deserve.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply