Sellers are suckers.

valdoe
Community Member

Yes I am a seller and sell different accounts for different type of items I sell.

We all now know that as April 8 postal charges have changed.

All items will have tracking on them when sent through the post office.

That a good thing as it proves the seller has sent the item...

Is it not when listing on ebay a contract between the seller and buy. Ebay has set the rules and 99% of sellers abide by the rules.

I see a lot of comments that a seller to protect his items should pay  for a signature and or or insure items because of value etc

Times are tough and competition.. profit margins for most are lean.

Why is it when give a buyer a list options 

Proof of delivery and or insurance and the buy does not take or want to take any option have a recourse on the seller.

I had one case where I required a signature and got message back never received. On checking I was told by the buyer that is not my signature..

3 things could have happen.

1. Incorrectly delivered and signed for

2. Some one else in the household signed for it.. eg room mate etc

3. A dishonest employee signed it.

Should I be responsible? Personally I refuse to replace item when I have proof that I sent the item.

The question is, if you offer signature and insurance who do you think is responsible if no option taken?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Sellers are suckers.

I'm game to post.

The new charges presumably provide tracking to the nearest delivery centre, not the buyer, as does the current AP tracking. As such, plus the address is handwritten, Paypal provide no seller protection.

If the item is worth enough to require signature on delivery, don't give the buyer a choice.

Use Click and Send. Assuming C&S prices don't go up, $7.35 will give you signature on delivery and PP seller protection for a 500g satchel, up to $100. A standard AP 500g satchel with the same level of protection from PP/AP will cost a bit over $11.00.

I'm a seller but I'm not a sucker.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Sellers are suckers.

guilty as charged

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Sellers are suckers.

The new charges presumably provide tracking to the nearest delivery centre, not the buyer, as does the current AP tracking. As such, plus the address is handwritten, Paypal provide no seller protection.

Not true, i was on the phone to paypal today and asked the same question in regard to their rules changing, all that is required now is for a trackable item to be shown as delivered and we have protection as sellers, and yes to the nearest delivery center, not their home.

We no longer have to have proof of item sent, just delivered, so if tracking shows item delivered thats all thats needed.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Sellers are suckers.

I'll stick to C&S anyway. It's cheaper and requires less Paypal hoop jumping.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Sellers are suckers.

Sassy I don't care what Paypal said if I have paid for something and I don't receive it and the tracking only shows delivered to the nearest mail centre, not my address, I will definitely take it up with both the Ombudsman and my credit card provider if Paypal won't pay up.

As a seller I will continue to use Click & Send and registered large letter as I would feel absolutely obliged to refund a buyer who said they had not received a parcel with inadequate tracking.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Sellers are suckers.

Has the Pack and Track AP satchel system changed?  I use this rather than Click and Send after several aggravating experiences with dropping out of the system half way and extremely lengthy waiting periods.

My tracking shows delivery to the address.  I know this does not provide Paypal protection but does enable me to keep the buyer informed.

Having said this, I use the satchels for the small value items but anything over $50.00 I only offer Registered Post and if there is a combined order totalling more than $50.00 I will cough up the additional to send it registered.

I have replaced the occasional item lost in the mail but have confidence I have not been scammed.

Perhaps I have a better class of clientele;-)

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Sellers are suckers.

Pack & Track is an overseas service.

Click & Send is much the best for Paypal buyer protection as long as you lodge over the counter. If it for something over $50 then adding signature required ups the level of compensation to $100 and if it is over that you can purchase extra cover same as you can for registered.

Registered tracking is no more or less likely to visible, invisible than click & send and all you need for Paypal protection is proof you have sent the item to the buyer's address.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Sellers are suckers.

Pack & Track is an overseas service. 

I stand corrected.  The domestic satchels are labelled Parcel Post Plus.:8}

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Sellers are suckers.

valdoe
Community Member

Well I think I proved my point..

This post had 412 posts and would you believe that only 20 took the time to fill the pole..

What wrong with people... ?

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply