Sellers please remove Ph numbers & email addresses from labels. Too much personal info out there.Ta

Would Sellers please ensure Ph numbers and email addresses and removed from the post label.

At present this personal information is sent around all countries before it gets to the purchaser,

which means that any man and his dog can obtain the personal information.

Cheers and thanks in anticipation.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sellers please remove Ph numbers & email addresses from labels. Too much personal info out there.Ta

Many courier / international postal services require this information to be on the lable or customs declaration before the item can be sent.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Yes, the green customs label put on international parcels at Australia Post, requires senders name, address, and telephone number.

Is it mostly businesses that would add an email to a mailing label? If so, that isn't 'personal' information.

Address & mobile number... what would strangers use that info for?

Bank account numbers, cc numbers & date of birth info is more important for scammers/fraudsters.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If it is a concern for you, when you buy an item email your seller and say you do not want those details on your parcel.  

That will work for domestic parcels at least.

I don't know why you are receiving parcels with email addresses though.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

No way am I not going to put my address on a parcel, if it could not be delivered AP would be unable to return it. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@leishyalicia wrote:

Would Sellers please ensure Ph numbers and email addresses and removed from the post label.

At present this personal information is sent around all countries before it gets to the purchaser,

which means that any man and his dog can obtain the personal information.

Cheers and thanks in anticipation.

The reason a seller will put your contact info on the mailing label when they send it to you is so if you are not home at time of delivery or they cannot find your house/letterbox, they will actually phone you to see what steps you would like them to take next.

Sellers would prefer this to happen as when a parcel is carded back to the Post Office because they buyer didn't answer the door when the postie tried to deliver the parcel because they were sleeping/busy/on the toilet, a lot of buyers will leave a low DSR for postage time for the seller. 

Email address, I can understand you not wanting that on the label, but a lot of systems automatically put this in there and sometimes there isn't much the seller can do about it.

amxsuperstores - Australia's three largest motorcycle accessories superstores.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply