Sellers say Paypal waiting for me to accept payment, Paypal says nothing paid?

Bit baffled. I've listed some items. They sold. Purchasers say that they have paid and that Paypal is telling them i need to accept payment. I go to Paypal, and Paypal says it has received nothing. What is going on?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

stewa, I may be wrong but I think it's because you are new to selling & ebay consider you to be a "Risk" at the moment.            I believe they ( paypal )  can hold your $$ for 3 weeks. It is one of the most disgusting ideas yet IMO  Call ebay / paypal and find out what is happening.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

On your selling page, in the sold section, have a look directly under each listing and see if it mentions that funds are being held. Also check next to the listing to see if there is a $ and a blue checkout basket. If neither of those icons are highlighted, check your PayPal account.

You might need to upgrade it to Premier to accept payments. When you login to PayPal, up the top, directly under where it says "welcome <your name>", in really small print it will tell you which type of account you have. If it doesn't say premier, you need to upgrade it. It doesn't cost anything.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

As sheep said if you haven't opened a premier PayPal account to accept payments then those payments won't come through to your account so you need to do that.

I see that you have sold 10 items,is this problem for all of them? if it is then it's definately because you haven't got the premier account.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks everyone. I'll try that.

Not new to ebay: I was a member under a different name since 2000 with 180 positive feedbacks from sales and purchases. But I moved countries and the old profile is now not able to sell. I Googled the problem at it seemed to also happen to an Irish guy who moved to Australia, so I assume it is endemic to expats/repats.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Have you triple checked the email addy in the listing is correct ? 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

OK, so I checked: my Paypal account is a premier account and it is verified.

What now?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

OK, click on Transaction details and it tells me the Paypal is processing it. Follow the link to Paypal and there is a notice as I log in:The Transaction ID in your link is invalid.

Thoughts?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Have you checked the email addy in the listing is correct ?

Or have you asked the buyer to send you the email addy that payment was sent to?

From what you describe, it does sound exactly like an incorrect email address was used to process the payment.

The transaction link thingy "is consistently invalid" does not really mean anything much, happens all the time to many people.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply