Selling Stuff in the UK but copying listing template means they are in a different currency?

I have just copied templates and used the "sell your own item like this" option.

But although I am a UK seller an all my listings are on co.uk some of the listings have defaulted to different currencies - US $ and AU $

I did not choose this or specify this - how do I change the currency being shown on my listing?

I can revise the bid amount etc but not the currency it is displayed in?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Selling Stuff in the UK but copying listing template means they are in a different currency?

If you are copying other listings, did you check beforehand that they are UK listings? If you use the sell-like option, those original listings - if one is listed by a US seller whose listing was made on eBay.com - will have you listing on eBay.com as well. If you copy an Australian listing, you’ll list on eBay.com.au.

Did you check the item listing’s URL as you proceeded? 

If you see a listing showing a different currency than GBP, you’re not in Kansas any longer, so to speak. 

For instance, you’re now on the Australian eBay community boards.

You should probably cancel the listings in question, and relist without copying from the listings of a seller registered in another country.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If you're going to sell internationally, it might pay to add the weight and dimensions of your items, or you'll never sell anything outside of the UK due to very excessive postage costs. For example, your girl on the moon canvas has a postage cost of 40GBP, which equates to $AU70. No one is going to pay that.

You post with the global shipping, which is fine, but they insert ridiculous postage costs. If you add the weight and dimensions, the costs become a bit more realistic. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply