Selling limit seems not to apply to this seller

Item 261968474542

Seller has had no sales in the past 12 months...no feedback as seller at all, so I assume they have never sold on Ebay before.

Lists a coin ( not rare at all ) for a starting price of $80,000 ...yep $80,000... no typo on my part there...blurry photo and no item description to speak of and pickup only with Paypal or COD.....who is going to walk up with $80,000 cash !.

I'm limited to a total selling limit of just over $5000 per month and that's with a perfect track record of selling over the years....that is fine by me but...how on earth did this seller with no sales history manage to list this item at such a high starting price????

Seems mighy strange to me.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

At a guess I would say it is a hijacked account.

Report it to ebay.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Their account was opened in 2009 and the limits were significantly different back then - I know my older accounts do not display the same limits as my more recent ones do, even the ones I have only used for buying that were opened years ago, don't display visible limits.

In addition - it may be that this account that publically appears to be only a buying one only, may be linked to another (or several) other proven selling accounts.    They may be trying to take advantage of an eBay offer such as the sell three items pay no listing or final fee offer.  Who knows. 

If in doubt, and if concerned, report.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Blimey - I wonder what their starting price would be for a 1930 penny Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

The listing has been removed

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

One of my accounts was opened in 2004. It has no selling limits as there were none back then.

Our other accounts opened more recently do have the limits.

But about 9-months ago we suddenly got a message out of the blue that our limit had been raised to 500,000.

We had previously been in contact with them each month asking for a limit increase as we expanded.

Guess they got sick of us calling them.

Anyway, this limit is essentially "unlimited" for us right now.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I assume my account has no selling limits as I have never seen anything to suggest it does.  Where would I see this?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

If you are a seller and using Selling Manager or Pro then when you go to the Summary page and scroll down a bit you will see a panel labelled "Monthly Selling Limits". In there it will tell you about your monthly limits, what they are and how many you can list etc.

On our account that does not have any limits this panel simply does not exist. I don't know of anywhere you can see that an unlimited account is in fact unlimited.

I have a feeling it was about 2009 that they introduced selling limits so if you had your account registered before about then you will not have limits. After that you will.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks - been a member since 2004 and I cant see anything on the summary page so I should be limitless.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I would think you would be as my "limitless" account was also registered in 2004.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply