Selling lots, I am a bit confused how to open up the options .

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/lots/

Click the tab to toggle between Individual Items and Lots view.

I am confused about where this option is, it is probably right in front of my eyes.

Thank you 😃

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Ignore that.

Can you remove messages here.

And, does the item have to be physically in my hands>

it is just I want to advertise some starters in lots and import them.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Do you mean you advertise them, get a sale and then you import them? Then ship them to your buyer?

How long does it take to get them into your hands after you order them yourself?

I think I could see this method ending in tears as it would be a loooong time before you were able to send them to your buyer.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

No, you can't remoive messages by yourself here. Only the moderators can.

Secondly what you are referring to is called dropshipping. Unless you have a very reliable wholesaler and you clearly state in your listing how long it is going to take for buyers to receive the items you should stay away from it.

Being new to selling you should start off selling what you have in stock.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Maybe planning on dropshipping.

Still fraught.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@erg-auto-electrical-wholesalers wrote:

Ignore that.

Can you remove messages here.

And, does the item have to be physically in my hands>

it is just I want to advertise some starters in lots and import them.

Thanks.

I used to know how to enable the lot size in a listing, but can't remember and now and I can't seem to find the option again after a quick search (this feature just means that a single purchase from a listing contains X amount of the same item - craft suppliers use it sometimes, eg in a listing for 50 beads, you buy one lot of 50 beads). The page you linked to was from US eBay, and really old....

I'm not sure if you're talking about dropshipping or pre-orders with the other bit (drop shipping means when a customer buys it from you, you buy it from the wholesaler and get them to ship to the buyer direct, pre-orders mean you take orders for the item(s), purchase from the wholesaler, get them shipped to you and you then ship to the buyer). 

I'd personally recommend neither, unless you've built up a good, strong and trustworthy relationship with the supplier, because in both cases you're not in control of very much, but you will be held responsible (and liable) for everything (from the customer's standpoint).

When dropshipping, the actual item location needs to be fully disclosed, and an appropriate handling time used. There are some rules and guidelines for pre-orders, too - you can read those here:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Yes we always check to make sure they are in stock with our supplier first.

Yes, I understand what you are saying.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Notjing wrong with using the dropship method nowadays, many busineses use this method, and these days with Ebays lights on lights off, makes sense not to stock up on items that may sell well for a couple of weeks and then nothing, yes can make larger profits by buying larger amounts of stock, but at the same time no good if one is stuck with stock due to lights out.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I didn't say their was anything wrong with it. But not ideal for newbie sellers who don't know what they are doing. The bad feedback will kill them real quick smart if they are not on top of it and the supplier is slack.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

True one has to have a reliable supplier and preferbly a dack up supplier as well.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply