Shipping address different to Registered address

Just got a neg for a loony buyer, claiming item not received. This may very well be true as it was only a low value untracked item. However,

There shipping address is a NSW residence

while there registered address is a WA address

Is this something that may warrant feedback removal? Through the false information policy? Both names are the same so I doubt it was purchased as a gift.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

saarzi
Community Member

Im not sure why you think having different addresses would warrant anything at all...?

Shipping address is where you ship to - thats why its called a shipping address 😉 

The registered address and shipping address (or billing address and shipping address) doesnt have to be the same. Thats why they have the two in the first place.

And thank god, otherwise Id never get anything in the mail. I move every 3 to 6 months. I change my shipping address depending on where I am. My registered / billing address is usually my parents house, which remains the same.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

How would you even know their registered address unless it was the same as the one they had in checkout when they paid? After an item sells the order details will show the last shipping address the buyer used until they go through checkout, if they then change it that is the address you have to send to, it could be any address they choose. The only address that will show in Paypal is the one in checkout so if you are unsure of the process always check the address in Paypal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

No way will ebay remove feedback if you sent the item to the wrong address.   The registered address has nothing to do wirh it.

You always send to the shipping address that the buyer nominates, whether it is the same name or not.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I have sent to the shipping address, I just remember reading something about having to have your contact details up to date, which this buyer clearly has not. I have got suspended for this very issue in the past, I will give them a call anyway, I have nothing to lose.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

So as to not get suspended again always ship to the shipping address in future.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

My husband and I share an account. He bought a few things recently and didn't want to risk them being left on the front door step due to parcels being stolen in the past. So, he changed the shipping address to his work address so his stuff got sent there. Sometimes I will change it to my work address. Other times it's my residential address. If I changed the shipping address to my work and it turned up at home I'd be pretty cranky. So yes, you can change the shipping address as much as you like. As mentioned, it doesn't have to be the same as the billing address.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I thought that you couldn't share accounts but you can share shipping address?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I thought that you couldn't share accounts but you can share shipping address?

Everything is in my name, but he buys stuff and I buy stuff. I don't know of anywhere that says a family all can't use the same account for buying. It would just mean I'm responsible if he does something silly. He takes no part in the selling side of things, that's all my doing. He doesn't even know where to find the selling page if I ask him to check on something while I'm at work!

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply