Shipping cost based on state?

upbeatmusiccentre
Community Member

Hi,

I'm assuming this has been asked before however I can't find it ANYWHERE.

Question being:

Can I create a shipping table (like you can on ebayUS) that calculates shipping based on which state of Australia the customer lives in. Most of the time it's free however big items that go to NT or WA can sometimes incur an extra fee. If there is a way we would love to know. If not, why not?

Thanks for your time!

Upbeat Music Centre

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Good question. If this function exists then I would definitely use it as I put a flat postage rate on all of my items. I would love to be able to put a surcharge on NT and TAS etc.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

If you fill in correctly the info re- weight and size, and select the way you will post, the postage calculator will show correct postage to every place in Australia according to post code.  There is no need for tables in the TOS/description space.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

you cannot add a surcharge to ANY Free Postage item.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Do not know what happened, it got posted before I finished:

the problem with putting surcharge on NT & WA is that the info up under the price is binding.  And many people buy from their phones and do not necesarily see all your TOS.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

yes super nova, but that system charges a postage cost to ALL buyers. The OP is saying that he has free postage on his items but would like to add a surcharge to buyers in just NT and NQ. I would love to do the same with my flat rate postage.

Why don't we just use calculated postage? Because it is not practical when buyers buy a few items together. It only works out when they buy one item.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Do not know what happened, it got posted before I finished:

the problem with putting surcharge on NT & WA is that the info up under the price is binding.  And many people buy from their phones and do not necesarily see all your TOS.

In an ideal ebay world the surcharge would add to the postage cost showing for buyers depending on their postcode. Same as it shows now for calculated postage depending on the buyers postcode.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I'm talking about an automatic surcharge that you can put into the system ie: same as I have set up for my combined postage/flat rate rules.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

upbeatmusiccentre
Community Member

Yes they let you use rules to combine shipping cost, use promotional costs, or calculated cost etc. They need an option to ship by state or location. Even if it wasn't free, it would be nice to select a state and a shipping cost for that particular state as this is how the courier company charges us. There is a flat rate location cost but as mentioned earlier it uses the postage calculater which you need details for size etc. We need a manual system to input the fees based on location.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

If you are not using AP then just select freight as your delivery option and then you can put a table in your listing if you know what the delivery will be to each state.

You will have to fill in the individual cost into each invoice though.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply