Sigh... My first negative or neutral feedback seems inevitable.... some advice please?

Hi All...

So I just received today (8th Nov), a message that reads:

I still haven't received the tattoos. Unfortunately my sons birthday party was today so we had to miss out. I wanted to contact to you prior to neg feedback.

My annoyance is, the buyer bought it on the 19th October! I could have sent it 7 times over for them again.

I now feel like replying, do what you want, coz if you wait that long, how am I meant to correct the issue for you????

So disappointing... especially seeing as the majority of my feedback is about the speed of delivery... so if something hasn't arrived, don't you think the buyer could conclude there may be a concern???

Thanks for letting me vent!

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sigh... My first negative or neutral feedback seems inevitable.... some advice please?

As it turns out, my very polite email worked, and she has left positive feedback... Be nice to get to 2000 before the one red strike happens 🙂
Thanks again all, for your insight and giggles!

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Didn't you know that as a seller on eBay the first prerequisite is mind reading
Message 2 of 48
Latest reply

Haha... thanks for the wry smile. I missed that class 🙂

Message 3 of 48
Latest reply

hang on to your jammies - if  the buyer does leave negative feedback you might be able to get it removed because the buyer specifically mentioned negative feedback in the mesage.     Save the message.

Message 4 of 48
Latest reply

By the way it reads to me, she is looking for a refund / something ?? I'm contacting you prior to leaving feedback. I wonder if you contacted her and try to pacify her, you may not get a Red / grey dot. 🙂 hope all goes well.

Message 5 of 48
Latest reply

@emtee-jays wrote:

Hi All...

So I just received today (8th Nov), a message that reads:

I still haven't received the tattoos. Unfortunately my sons birthday party was today so we had to miss out. I wanted to contact to you prior to neg feedback.

My annoyance is, the buyer bought it on the 19th October! I could have sent it 7 times over for them again.

I now feel like replying, do what you want, coz if you wait that long, how am I meant to correct the issue for you????

So disappointing... especially seeing as the majority of my feedback is about the speed of delivery... so if something hasn't arrived, don't you think the buyer could conclude there may be a concern???

Thanks for letting me vent!

Come on - we sellers are interested in our buyers - ask for some party shots.

19th October - Yea right.

May see a heap of tatted kids.

Message 6 of 48
Latest reply

If I reply with this, will eBay maybe get cranky and not reverse it if she does leave it? Thoughts?
Thanks for your comments thus far, by the way 🙂 The funny and the serious - it seems so silly, and I know I'll get a negative feedback soon enough, but I don't want it!! haha

Dear....

Thanks for your message.

Firstly, I’m incredibly sorry your tattoos did not arrive in time. I have refunded your PayPal account with the full amount paid.

There is not much I can do about the negative feedback you feel you may leave, but I guess for me as an honest Mum and seller too (clearly, you can see by my feedback), I would hope you wouldn’t leave negative or neutral feedback at all. But, I could offer to replace or refund and I still can’t control what you might do regarding the feedback. Customers in the past few months where things have gone missing in the mail, have had goods replaced, or refunded, and clearly, they have not left negative feedback, as I am yet to receive any… with good reason… my customer service is actually something I take incredible pride in.

I have no control what happens once I post your goods, and I posted yours on the 19th October. They most likely also included a free sticker, probably HTTD one, as I try and match things up that suit the order. I wish you had contacted me sooner, as I would have absolutely replaced them for you too, and they would have arrived well on time.

I have attached a picture of your mail (I take pictures of everything I send, when people don’t register the mail), and you have my sincere apologies that your little man missed out on them.

I would have a preference to you just leaving no feedback, if you feel you can’t leave positive.

Thanks for your time, and enjoy the tidying up from party celebrations. Hope there is not too much sugar comedown tanties!

Message 7 of 48
Latest reply

Smiley Wink   Suggestion - 

Dear buyer,

It saddens me to hear your son and friends didn't get to enjoy the tattoos you purchased.

Unfortunately once I post items (posted - xx-xx-2014) it is out of my control and in the hands of Australia Post.

I sincerely wish you had contacted me sooner to inform me they had not arrived and I could have resent them in good time.

However I understand you may have been busy and closer to the birthday there are many things to organize.

What do you suggest I can do to at least rectify goodwill in your eyes?

Kind regards,

emtee you have 8 more feedback that I. (looks similar) Runs off to buy more. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 8 of 48
Latest reply

Helen, you are in the wrong job! You should be a detective. lol
Message 9 of 48
Latest reply

@emtee-jays wrote:

I would have a preference to you just leaving no feedback, if you feel you can’t leave positive.

Thanks for your time, and enjoy the tidying up from party celebrations. Hope there is not too much sugar comedown tanties!

If you feel a refund is due - & it is probably what I would do - even though she's a tool.

Not too much in the email - just sorry she didn't advise sooner as you could have done something - make her feel guilty.

Then dust off your seller crystal ball & do better next time.

Don't add (kidding) - the tanties - just snigger about those on your own - there were sure to be some.

Message 10 of 48
Latest reply