Slack postage

Just a gripe for the day. I am totally sick of sellers demanding payment in 3 days or you will suffer the full fury of the gods. Now I have no problem with payment as I pay EVERY SINGLE TIME, as soon I win. That is usually "You have won this item" I pay now. I do it out of courtesy an respect an hope the for the same in return. Well it happens to often now to find some don't even post till up to 14 or more days, an that's because I have sent an email. I don't think its to much to post within 2 working days.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Slack postage

Agree, show us the money and the item is out of here

I would be annoyed having to pay instantly and then waiting for a seller to sending items taking that long.

Are they drop shipping??? Or are they buying the stock once the sale is made and waiting for it to arrive to them and then forwarding.... far too long.

Just remember you get what you pay for so it is so cheap .... there is a reason lol

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Slack postage

Sellers state a handling time in their descriptions under the Postage and Handling tab.  Check the sellers that are slow to post and see what their handling time is.  I have seen some that have had even 30 days handling because they "don't go to the PO every day".

If a seller waits 14 days (even though they state shorter handling) to post then hit them where it hurts - their DSR ratings.

Slack postage

i try hard to post everyday and then its in the hands of aussie post. should never be longer than 3 days unless they contact you that it cant be done due to work or location. only ever had a few of those, usually its just laziness on behalf of the seller.

and yes i find those long long spiels annoying.

not sure what shoes means by if its cheap. at times i sell lots of cheap sets of stamps and post the same day as payment.

2 weeks deserve a low star or even a neutral as some sellers do need a wake up.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Slack postage

A lot of sellers don't bother to mark items posted. If an item takes longer than 10 working days for domestic and 15 for overseas i will look at the postage date on the parcel and if it exceeds the sellers stated handling time they will only get one star for delivery time. As they have not bothered to confirm having posted i would also mark down their communication star and as their handling time forms part of the description they would drop stars there too.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Slack postage

hi, im in perth & auspost tells us 7-12 business days post to eastern states but when ive selected eg auspost 500gm satchel ebay automatically puts the delivery as 6-8 days!

i get low ratings for post as ive also seen other perth sellers state we are disadvantaged by distance. i know there are other states that would possibly be in the same situation but i only looked at a perth sellers post.

express post is also a bit misleading as they state on the website, not word for word, but to the effect that next day delivery is only guaranteed to certain suburbs, whereas im sure a lot of people think they will get their item the next day. 

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Slack postage

Stop recycling old threads ! The people involved have probably forgotten about them. Do you expect everyone to come back to chat with you ?

TCT
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Slack postage

rpatz_fan
Community Member

i totally agree i hate waiting for ages and ages to receive an item , thats why i send all my items with 2 days most times its posted same day or next day of payment being received . and thats with allowing buyers up to 7 days to pay . when i myself have brought something i wish more sellers where quicker with their postage times .

*a stupid question is a question never asked.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply