Slow payers

dick106
Community Member

Morning,

Can I prevent previous buyers from bidding on future sales because of earlier slow paying practises? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks

Dick106

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Slow payers

Yes, you need to add their member ID to your blocked bidder list - the easiest way to access it is via the site map, or by bookmarking the link: http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Slow payers

Yes, you need to add their member ID to your blocked bidder list - the easiest way to access it is via the site map, or by bookmarking the link: http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Slow payers

your going to block them because they were slow in paying? what next? blocking previous buyers if they didnt pay instantly?

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Slow payers

I prefer slow paying buyers to no buyers!

We generally send a reminder (or two) before we start the NPB process ... have found that sending reminders results in a better rate of concluded sales than heading straight to the eBay dispute process. 

The buyer has already shown some interest ... at the end of the day getting them to pay is the preferable outcome.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Slow payers

ill take a slow payer any day over a non payer.

sometimes being a understanding seller will pay bigger rewards than blocking buyers for taking a day or so longer to pay than normal as they could possibly be repeat buyers for you.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Slow payers

Blocking non paying or slow paying bidders is the only way to survive nowadays.

My activity log currently shows three blocked bidders because of previous problems with payment (or non payment)

Up to ten percent of sales are happening with non paying bidders so yes the seller is entitled to eliminate a big waste of time and money.

I had a slow payer on a 200 dollar phone. It took more than a month to sort out the baloney and now the phone remains unsold, because in the end there was no payment at all.

. It would have made a perfect Xmas present with the extras it had but now I have to wait till next Xmas.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Slow payers

I prefer slow paying buyers to no buyers!

Well most of my non paying customers are the ones who have not paid within four days.
If you use buy it now and you do not have funds available then why buy it now?
Or at least ask the seller if it is possible to pay next Thursday or whenever.

To buy and then go silent is really quite rude.
Ebay take their fees regardless of when the item is paid for so that can impact on a sellers cashflow as well
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Slow payers

Any buyer that I have to open a UPI dispute for goes on my BBL right before I open it - some will pay after that, but only once or twice have I removed their name from the list afterwards, and it was only due to their communication post-dispute. 

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Slow payers

Yes I admit I sometimesI cant pay a seller immediately but I always tell them via email what day I will be paying them. And you know I have never come across any who didnt mind one bit that payment would be delayed. Always best to be upfront about it.
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Slow payers

I had a slow payer on a 200 dollar phone. It took more than a month to sort out the baloney and now the phone remains unsold, because in the end there was no payment at all.

That was a non-payer, not a slow payer.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply