So today I got this message: ebay Warning: Violation of eBay's Third-party fulfilment policy

So I get this lovely message from eBay, and yes it said Hello ##username##

ebay Warning: Violation of eBay's Third-party fulfilment policy

Hello ##username##,

We've determined that you haven't followed our Third-party fulfilment policy. If you use a third party to fulfil eBay orders on your behalf, you must ensure that certain conditions are met. We are giving you 48 hours from the date of this email to make the necessary changes to the way you fulfil your orders so that you are able to comply with this policy.  If after that time, you continue to violate our policy, then we will take further action on your account.If you had any listings that qualified for eBay Plus, we may remove the Plus logo from them.

For more information on this policy, please go to:
https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/selling-policies/third-party-fulfilment-policy?id=4718

It is your responsibility to ensure that any third-party fulfilment of your orders complies with this policy. If you don't follow these guidelines, you may be subject to a range of actions. We may limit, restrict, or suspend you from buying, selling or using site features. All of your listings may be removed, displayed lower or not shown in search results, without refunding any or all applicable fees. You may also forfeit any special account status and/or discounts.
Regards,
eBay

So what does a seller do, contact eBay to find out what the hell is happening. Spoke to a consultant who told me the message had been sent in error and many other sellers received the same message and to ignore the message. A few hours later I get another one with a few errors in the message.

Hello,

We've determined that you haven't followed our Third-party fulfilment policy. If you use a third party to fulfil eBay orders on your behalf, you must ensure that certain conditions are met. We are giving you 48 hours from the date of this email to make the necessary changes to the way you fulfil your orders so that you are able to comply with this policy. If after that time, you continue to violate our policy, then we will take further action on your account. If you had any listings that qualified for eBay Plus, we have removed may remove the Plus logo from them.

For more information on this policy, please go to:
https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/selling-policies/third-party-fulfilment-policy?id=4718

It is your responsibility to ensure that any third-party fulfilment of your orders complies with this policy. If you don't follow these guidelines, you may be subject to a range of actions. We may limit, restrict, or suspend you from buying, selling or using site features. All of your listings may be removed, displayed lower or not shown in search results, without refunding any or all applicable fees. You may also forfeit any special account status and/or discounts.

Regards,
eBay

Again I contacted eBay Jessica in the accounts team who told me 

The email you received is in relation to Third Party fulfilment policy where our team detected that you are using a third party to fulfill orders for your buyer.

Of course you ask eBay for what listing, and they tell you the usual response of 'I don't know"

I hate the fact that eBay can make accusations and then tell you I don't know.

I dont use a fulfilment service because my margins are so low and using a fulfilment service would just kill me.

Has anyone else has this issue?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

So today I got this message: ebay Warning: Violation of eBay's Third-party fulfilment policy

No.

I suspect they think you are dropshipping.

Are you?

Do you have all your stock on hand?

What is there about your listing(s) that would trigger an eBay bot to 'think' you don't?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Hey Davewil1964,

No not dropshipping, and have all my stock on hand.

I even buy my postage stuff from eBay.

I hate the fact eBay just assume but when you call for help the only answer you get is "I don't know" and no help whatsoever.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I also received those 2 emails.

What do you do? In my case, though I have used third party fullfilment in the past for faster and cheaper shipping but nothing that I need to change with my listings. So I am not sure what changes I need to make within 48 hours. I just need to send the items myself now.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@styletechnmediaaus wrote:

Hey Davewil1964,

No not dropshipping, and have all my stock on hand.

I even buy my postage stuff from eBay.

I hate the fact eBay just assume but when you call for help the only answer you get is "I don't know" and no help whatsoever.

Seems to me that the response to I dont know is "Then put me on to someone who does. I'm not having my account suspended because you don't know. I need to know exactly what the problem is so I can fix it. Unless you want to guarantee - in writing that my account wont get suspended for this."

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Hi,

Facing exactly the same issue and same response from the ebay support team. Contacted them many times and no solution. My account is suspended three times now i have tried everything that i can do but all in vain. Like u me too not doing dropshipping but looks like no body is trusting me and ebay is suspending my account almost every month and it is happening with me for the last three months.

Very disappointed with ebay support.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

If u find any solution please guide me as well.

Thanks

Stay Safe

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I can see how annoying it is to get such an email in error and then the support staff can't even tell you why.  Keep talking to support about it and find out if it is a "known issue" and it is being worked on.  Then you know it's really a problem in their system and nothing you're doing wrong.  Should make it easier to get your accounts unlocked.

PayPal's having problems too.  Sending emails about repaying mysterious loans I don't have, sending payment emails with everything all messed up inside, sending emails hours after the fact, etc.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

The OP created this thread 13 months ago. They must have got it sorted because they were selling again, until recently where it appears eBay has removed all their listings again. Could be all the negs and neutrals they racked up.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply