Some advice needed please!

5kazam
Community Member

I've always used 'Sell Similar' when listing a new item, as all the main bits of my 'spiel' remain constant.  I've only needed to change title, photos, body description, and postage dimension and weight.

Today I tried my usual thing, only to have a screen come up with 'Complete your Listing'.  An hour of chat got me nowhere (grrr!), so I've come here (which I should have done in the first place!!)

So, can you please let me know if the 'Sell Similar' feature (which is still on the drop down menu) has been discontinued.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yay!!  I've finally worked it out.

It is a new page layout that eBay has dreamed up.  Click on 'Sell Similar' and 'Complete your Item' comes up. 

I can see now (which I couldn't earlier) that is the new layout to delete/add photos, and make any other changes to get the new listing.  Note though it's only when you move the mouse across that 'delete all photos', etc. appears.  As it's not showing initially, no wonder I wasn't able to work out what was going on.

(Can I be excused on the basis of aging blonde??!!)

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

5kazam
Community Member

Replying to myself, as I can't work out how to delete my post.  Help needed there also on how to delete!!

But I've discovered that 'Sell Similar' is no longer available.

And what a pain in the rear the new create listing tool is.  If you happen to get something not quite right, it takes out info that you've already typed in.  

It takes forever to do just one listing.  As the English would say - **bleep**!!

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Not here - I use it also.

Still there under Revise your item etc. 

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

I know it's still there on the drop down menu, but when you click on it, you are taken to 'complete your listing' - the one that is already listed.

Try it, and let me know if it's still working for you.  If so, I'll take it up with eBay again.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

On a PC.

I've been relisting ended auctions.

I go to the item - hit sell similar - check I've got the listing correct - then relist.

If still for sale - and I want similar - I hit the item - then sell similar.

Not sure of the drop down menu you are referring to.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

It's an issue when you're using 'Sell Similar' on an active listing. I first noticed it yesterday. 

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

At least it's not just me it's happening to.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

What device are you both using. 

No probs with the PC.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

I've been trying to list a new item, and go to 'sell similar' on an active item.  As pnc76 has stated, that's when it becomes an issue.

I just tried it on an ended listing, and still the same problem.

When was the last time you tried to do a sell similar off an ended listing?

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I'm using a pc.  Wouldn't have a clue how to do any eBay stuff on a phone.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply