Some problems with new Promotions Manager.

Don't know if anyone else has had any problems but I spoke to eBay after my Promotion discount was not being applied to all invoices ie some buyers were getting the 10% discount (for buying 2 or more items in the 1 transaction) applied to their invoice, and some weren't.

In cases where it wasn't applied I just sent the discount amount back to the buyers' Paypal account myself. EBay inform me that this is a "known issue" when some buyers use a smart phone app, and to avoid the problem (until it's fixed), I need to put a message on every listing telling people using this app to make sure they were using eBay's "Classic" site to complete the transaction.

To me this makes it all look a bit complicated for the buyer to navigate, so I have elected to manually process the discount myself when necessary, but thought other sellers using this new feature might like to know about it.

It would be nice if new functions had the bugs ironed out before eBay launch email campaigns encouraging us all to "enhance the buying experience".

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Buyers have to use the cart feature for the Promotion discount to work - this applies whether the buyer uses a mobile device or a PC.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I had several all processed the same way - some got the discount and some didn't - according to eBay today, it is about using the so-called "Classic Site" if using apps. They had me pull up transactions where the discount had been applied and where it hadn't and the difference was the use of particular apps. The advice I received was that buyers had to make sure they were on the right site page.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply