Sorry ebay, it's still not worth it

subtitles offer.JPG

Haha, Subtitles for $1? Nope. Subtitles for $0.50? Still nope.

Ok, ok, it makes sense on something selling for $300, but if I put 50 cent subtiles on my $5 CDs, that would be all of my profit gone.

I Still think it's funny that their $1 promo did so poorly that they dropped the price. I wonder if there are any people that took up the offer and then got the 50 cent offer.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It's not actually an offer. It's an automatic 'entitlement', as no acceptance is required.

I'm not sure how the overlap works though. The $1 one is still current, but so is the 50c one.

I'm in a similar boat to you. The bulk of my items are less than $10, so any payment for subtitles, which I don't really need for books, is a direct hit to my bottom line. And I suspect that THAT charge would be monthly, not for the life of the listing.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I received an email on Wednesday the 3rd July on one of my accounts for a $3.30 promo weekend. List as many items as you like. One would assume it would be for the coming weekend, as in this weekend. Trouble was, the actual dates for the promo were for June 29 and 30. 4 days before the email arrived. Good one eBay!

I wasn't that worried as it's one of my rarely used accounts, but even so!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

tippy*toes, that would have been the same email that I received...

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, we're in exactly the same situation.

Sub-titles for $1 or 50c are still too dear for us.

And then they roll over .............
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Do sub-title descriptions show up in searches?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Subtitles appear in eBay search results in list view, and can increase buyer interest by providing more descriptive info. Learn more

not that you actually "learn more"

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:
Subtitles appear in eBay search results in list view, and can increase buyer interest by providing more descriptive info. Learn more

not that you actually "learn more"

Thank you, I did find something else

Subtitles are visible when buyers view search results in List view.

Subtitle text isn't searchable when buyers do a standard title search for items. However, the subtitle is searchable if a buyer includes the description in an advanced search.

So, in effect, subtitle text won't produce a result in normal searches, only in advanced search.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Words in the description often bring a listing up in a standard search, even though they're not supposed to, but searches are very different to what they used to be a few years ago. My point is that I wouldn't trust that statement.

As for the two offers for sub-titles, it bugs me that the three current offers, none of which have any interest for me, block me from seeing my listing counter and I have to click on 'see more offers'. No, not much extra effort involved but it's one more thing I shouldn't have to do as the monthly counter is the most important bit in that section.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Spoiler
... Because it's still not worth it
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply