Still some good people on eBay

I incorrectly dated the era of one of our pipes in a listing. This does happen from time to time. It's not an exact science with some brands, but in this instance it was just a matter of not paying due attention and taking some coding too literally.

as I said, it has happened before, (will happen again) and we are usually very quickly 'pulled into line' and I mean that, some 'correctors' are not always pleasant and always pre-empt and develop on the distinction that we've been caught out being dishonest. Oh, and their 'corrections' are not always right. But, we've learnt to take note and investigate a bit more thoroughly.

Today though, I had a lovely fellow very rightly determine that one of our listings was wrong. The investigation was short in this instance, because I very quickly found a blatant mistake, my own. But it was just the helpful, non accusatory manner in which this truly lovely man, put us straight. A bit of a rarity I think, and certainly one we appreciated greatly.

So dear Sir, if you happen to be reading these forums, thank you. A big bouquet for you, your manners and your gratefully received help. It will be our pleasure to return the favour, if ever we can.

I soooo love people with good manners.

Melina.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'd say it is because your ads have a welcome tone.

I had a look at a couple. You seem to have a niche market with pipes and products related to them & you come across as a professional seller but also very approachable.

You certainly don't come across as trying to scam anyone, though I suppose some of your other lookers were suspicious. They could have given you the benefit of the doubt though and made a simple query, rather than start out aggressively.

You're right, a few manners go a long way.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks Springy, I honestly wasn't looking for it, but that's a really good piece of feedback. Important too, because that's the exact atmosphere we've tried to create, but not falsely, we do try and live up to it.

Kicking myself for being lazy over Xmas atmo. Working my cute little posterior (ok, I exaggerated) getting some listings back up. Phew!!

Thanks for being interested and taking the time. Thanks too, to all the kudos givers. It's lovely 🙂

Melina.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply