Temporary closure of Qantas Melbourne facilities - Auspost & COVID19

"In response to the advice of the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services, Qantas has temporarily paused operations at their Melbourne Freight terminals.

The temporary closure may have impacts to deliveries over the coming 2-3 days as we move freight to alternate Freighter services and road transport.

We are currently working closely with Qantas on their plans to resume operations as soon as possible, together with additional contingencies involving our other supply partners, and will keep our customers updated as more information comes to hand.

We're making every effort to minimise the impact to customers and apologise for the inconvenience."

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus

Undoubtly this will cause more delays for Melbourne.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Wow really? It'll be interesting to see how that pans out

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

One thing that is pretty certain is that some buyers will blame sellers and refuse to believe this is what has happened

Much like we have seen sellers insist the virus in general is not causing delays because they got one thing within the usual time

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Hahaha. So true. "I got x product on time there is nothing wrong with postage"
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Oh goody.

I'm pretty sure AP's supplies (envelopes, satchels) are manufactured (or at least, stored) in Melbourne, too - I seem to recall the tracking always originates from there?

In any case, I just ordered a bunch of envelopes and satchels to keep me going in case the supply chain is affected.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Update; Massive delays in victoria, anyone else having the same haha?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply