The Return of items " faulty / not as discribed" when there is nothing wrong at all

screamingdemon_2007
Community Member

When we list items, we always select "Buyer Pays Return" option.  

However, when a buyer decides to return an item, just because they don't want it or are just simply "window shopping" using the eBay faulty or item not as described option, making the seller responsible for the return post... this just seems a little unfair.  

I have had items deliberately damaged, cut with knives, parts removed etc,  then being returned with buyers demanding we pay the return costs.  When this happens, I often look at the buyers feedback. In some cases these buyers have bought 2-3 very similar "do the same job" items and have clearly opted to return the one they don't want, utilizing the "faulty item etc" policy to avoid the costs.

We understand and expect this to happen every know and again, due to the % of scumbags out there,  but it does seem to be far more common when sales are slow...    and there seems to be little or nothing we can do about it at all.

Any similar experiences or suggestions to at least reduce this? 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The Return of items " faulty / not as discribed" when there is nothing wrong at all

All industries have "scumbags", it's unavoidable.

There will always be those that search for ways to circumvent the system.

Set your blocks to the strictest that's about all you can do.

You can however look at feedack left by buyers and cancel a sale if they look like serial pests.

But in this case you risk neg feedback.

Unfortunately the products you sell lend themselves to having more then usual nobheads.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

nobheads, couldnt agree more.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Am I mistaken or is there no buyer protection in the automative categories? Isn't that why the Chinese scammers list in those categories? Or is it only some?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply