The new rating system has that one of my items sold has defects.

I have been keeping an eye on my seller performance standards. It says one of my Items had defects.  No disputes or negative feed back how can this be?

Cheers

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After seller dashboard click on the defect. (1 transaction has defect)

It will show what the defect was for.

Underneath all that is in small print - To see which transactions had defects - download a report.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Could be you received 1,2 or 3 in stars for description.

Defects - http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sc

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

This system is extremely unfair insofar as when a buyer goes to leave a 1 or a 2 in the description field, they are shown a pop-up which explain that this could be damaging to the seller, yet no such warning appears when giving a 3, yet eBay still classify a 3 as being worthy of a defect. I was caught out myself last month for the very same thing and what made it especially disturbing is that the buyer specifically stated that the item was exactly as described. Didn't prevent my receiving a defect from eBay though. 😞
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Seller dashboard>click on box containing % of your items have defects> small link under list download a report>sign in>click expand. It wil show recent defects. Any low DSRs 1,2,3 will show since May.

View trending data link on dashboard page will show, but not identify, low DSRs prior to this.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Quite right, and it also gives the item number which made it very easy to identify the offending buyer and to add a follow-up to my feedback, warning other sellers to be very wary of dealing with this particular fellow.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Hi when I go to te dashboard I can only see the new rating system and am unable to see where I can print a report. Am I missing something?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

After seller dashboard click on the defect. (1 transaction has defect)

It will show what the defect was for.

Underneath all that is in small print - To see which transactions had defects - download a report.

image host
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If that doesn't work, which for some sellers, it doesn't (unable to download a report), go to the left of the screen and under the heading "Reports and Service Tools", click on Detailed Seller Rating Reports. This process can be a bit time consuming, but if it's a recent transaction, it shouldn't take long.

Find 10 item numbers from sales where you know for sure you got 5 stars across the board. If your listings aren't private, you can find those numbers under each feedback left. If they are private, open up the deleted items on your seller page and find the items you know scored 5 stars. The item number will be at the very top of the description section, under 'report item'

On the report page, click on Create Report, then select Item Numbers in the drop down at the top. In the box that appears, place each of your 10 sure fire numbers in there, with a comma in between each one. Give it a title (I just use a number, like 1) and then run report. After a minute or so, refresh the page until the report listed there highlights in blue and the status says complete. If you got all 10 as 5 stars, it will tell you in the report that opens. 

If the report told you all were 5 stars, close the report and where the report downloaded to, click the take action drop down and select run similar. Remove the last number in the box and put in the item number of the item you suspect gave you the low DSR and run the report again. Keep doing that until you find the one that defected you.

If you managed to download a report as mentioned in the previous post from Kopes, great! My message might still help someone who is in the same boat as me and can't download a report (I keep getting told that I have no defects.....even though I do).

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply