The notification bell

raffta1
Community Member

Is so rude. I get a notification and it says, "items sold, you got paid, SHIP NOW". Well little bell, its after hours when they paid and its the weekened and the post office is closed. Wish I could turn it off or block it. lol

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

The notification bell

I never get a bell. But then I only have my speakers turned on when I want sound coming out.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

The notification bell

just ignore it. Another useless damn thing ebay thought of.

I have my speakers on but I have never heard it actually ding, didn't know it did.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

The notification bell

I wish i could delete it. It says " your item sold - ship now". Theres just one problem - the item in question was sold and posted months ago. On another account it just says " you're all caught up", and doesn't recognise a sale. Honestly why have that stupid little bell if it's not going to work properly.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

The notification bell

Why don't you just ignore the bell? I clicked on it once after it was first mentioned on the boards just to see what it was all about and have not gone near it since.

If it reminds buyers that they need to pay for something then I am pleased there is a bell that might jog their memory but as I rarely buy and can see in SM what the status of a transaction is my bell just sits there at the top feeling very unhappy 'cos I don't want to ring itWoman LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

The notification bell

To be perfectly honest, I'd forgotten about the bell too. I found it to be completely useless so I just left it alone. As the eBay pages I use are open all the time, I rarely see that part of the page anyway.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

The notification bell

Same, it's one of those things that just goes unnoticed now, like banner adverts on 99% of websites.  I am always on top of what's happening with my eBay sales and don't need reminders.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

The notification bell

hehehehe, it wouldnt be so bad if it got the info right to start with lol. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

The notification bell

@raffta1 wrote:

Is so rude. I get a notification and it says, "items sold, you got paid, SHIP NOW". Well little bell, its after hours when they paid and its the weekened and the post office is closed. Wish I could turn it off or block it. lol

I find the bell's message quite abrupt & a very inappropriate way for eBay to communicate nagging reminders to its paying customers - sellers.

Its kinda like me sending a message to my buyer - via messages or at the bottom of an invoice - You bought my item. Pay now. 

If I adopted the practice of succinct rude reminders. I reckon I get a low communication DSR for sure.

I try and ignore it, however as a diligent seller I do check my reminders in case I missed something due to the frequent instability and glitches experienced on the eBay platform.  

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

The notification bell

Its kinda like me sending a message to my buyer - via messages or at the bottom of an invoice - You bought my item. Pay now. 

And sent 4 weeks after they have paid and received the item. Smiley Frustrated

image host
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply