Ticked off!

I am more of a buyer than a seller on eBay....and I think it will stay that way! Sold my tablet to someone very new to eBay with 1 positive feedback and they haven't paid and won't contact me! So frustrating, I priced it to sell because I really needed the money...now in this mess!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ticked off!

The sale appears to have only occured at 21:32 on the 22 May, and it's only the 24th today, so it hasn't even been 2 whole days yet.

In case you don't hear back from them and you don't know to do this (or for the benefit of others reading who may not know)

4 days after committment to buy (so in this case at 21:32:10 on May 26 (Monday)) go to the resolution centre and open up an Unpaid Item Dispute. The buyer will then have 4 days to respond and/or pay. After that four days if unable to reach a mutually satisfactory arrangement or the buyer hasn't paid, you can close the case.

This will then ensure that you receive your FVFs back for this item, but equally important is that you are now able to relist the item if you choose to.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Ticked off!

rjm6572
Community Member
as crikey said its only been 2 days since the item finished so give the buyer some time to pay, some people are not on the PC 24/7
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Ticked off!

I agree with the previous posts but another option for the future - if you are in a rush for the payment,

with BUY IT NOW - specify immediate payment required - which is another option when you select the payment method.  This means that the person who is buying does not actually lock in the sale (confirm the sale) until they pay so if someone else comes along with the $$ they can buy & pay which over-rides the 1st person who still hasn't paid to confirm the purchase.  

The sale is not then done until the person has paid!

That should get you the payment quicker so long as the person does not pay via paypal echeck which can take 1-2 weeks to clear.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Ticked off!

Thank you for the tips! I do appreciate it! As a buyer I always contact the seller as quickly as I can...I guess I expected others to do the same.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Ticked off!

I usually ask for payment within 3 days but you never know - some family emergency may have cropped up, internet may be down (mine was for 26 hours a couple of weeks ago), illness etc. or they may be waiting for payday to have the money.

The immediate payment option would be your best option in the future & to my knowledge does not cost any extra - I've never used it on a listing!

just another thought - DID you send an invoice? Some buyers even though it is 1 item & postage is listed still wait for an invoice to arrive!
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Ticked off!

goldeagle1970
Community Member

Another hint, make sure you send it registered if paid. Even if it comes out of your own pocket.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Ticked off!

Thank you, lovely people!

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply