Time wasters

1chump
Community Member

I have been dealing on Ebay since 2005 and over the last 3 months have had nothing but trouble selling and buying. I pay straight away for my purchases and these sellers dont even get back to me. I have had no items sent, items that were told were in stock then after paying they tell me they are on order and buyers trying to get items for cheaper than what they bid. Its been a complete nightmare. I now am waiting for a purchase that I paid for 9 days ago, sent 2 emails and no response, now yesterday they marked it posted with a tracking number and after checking with Postal, no number exists so it looks like I have been ripped off again. I live in Melbourne and it was supposed to come from Melb, but I got a parcel from China I purchased on the same day

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Time wasters

some sellers  say they sell from australia but are really selling from china

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Time wasters

Yes a lot more members trying too hard to get a sale these days.

As buyers, we need to sharpen our eye and read between the lines a little more.

I look for the tell tale signs of chinglish/engrish, then have a good look at feedback for signs of drop shipping or late arrivals.

But mostly, I have stopped buying from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. ๐Ÿ˜‰

image host
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Time wasters

In case you don't know you can open an item not received dispute when you pay with Paypal. You need to open it with 45 days after the payment date.

TCT
Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Time wasters

so it looks like I have been ripped off again.

The only way you would get ripped off is if you don't open Paypal disputes within the 45 days as Deja has stated so why are you letting yourself get ripped off?

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Time wasters

Just because the tracking number does not show up on the Auspost website does't mean it hasn't been posted.

I have been trying to find a parcel that was posted on the 9th November and it kept showing as invalid tracking number.

Yesterday morning it appeared on the website as being with the driver and I received it 4pm yesterday afternoon.

The parcel was in the system but was never scanned  until the day of delivery.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Time wasters

Sometimes with the big sellers, it is wise to look at their feedback before you buy to look for any signs of complaints like not having it in stock, poor communication and where it actually is sent from

Some of the big sellers dont care about customer service, only the $$$

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Time wasters

Well that does sound abysmal but I have had happy transactions in my ebay life with 99.9% good people. Perhaps it is just a bad patch?

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Time wasters

There's a current thread about hostile responses to people seeking help from the ebay boards which were, correct me if I'm wrong, sort of set up by ebay for that very purpose

Maybe the below response is illustrative of the hostile responses referred to ?

--------------------------------------------------------------

quote:  "

I live in Melbourne and it was supposed to come from Melb, but I got a parcel from China I purchased on the same day

Really? A parcel from China came on the same day you purchased it? Almost too good to be true

I have been dealing on Ebay since 2005 -

Then you should be aware of the tools eBay provides to protect you from bad sellers/buyers - start using them " end quote

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally unnecessary in my opinion

Hostile, imo

A chance to wound and vent, imo

Nasty, imo

Cut it out, imo

and hint:   the insertion of smiley faces in no way excuses or disguises and in fact could be regarded as deliberately provocative

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Time wasters

YOUR opinion, as you said.

If posters want specific answers, posters should word their questions in grammatically correct English. That way there will be less confusion and less chance of people taking the mickey.

Unnecessary - yes

Hostile - no

Actwav - no

Nasty - no

Emoticons (Smiley faces) are intended to convey tone as that can't be determined from the printed word. As such they should be read as part of the post, not as an optional adjunct.

?:|;-)

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply