Troll buyer

cult-classics
Community Member

what can I do about a buyer who I have discovered leaves mean negatives for nearly every seller he has purchased from and I mean Hundreds of negatives!!!, I feel he is an extortionist of some kind, and now I have fallen victim to his evil plot and he's claiming he received a faulty item from me which is total BS!  . He should be banned from ebay,  I don't know how to report him to make ebay investigate his pattern of behavior......please advise

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Troll buyer

ring them or have them ring you....go to HELP at top of page
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Troll buyer

There are plenty of those around and there is not much you can do. First thing first, put him on your blocked list. Then call ebay and explain the situation and say that you want to report the buyer. Ebay will say that they will refer the buyer to the Safety department.

But you will still have to solve your current problem yourself, ebay won't intervene.

I ususally go tough on these sort of buyers. You will get a neg, pretty much guaranteed, so why be nice?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Troll buyer

I noticed you are not following anyone on this eBay account.

You can't name n shame here but you can add the member to your list of following and we can all add that name to our special party invitation list. Smiley Wink

Some sellers mention their ID in feedback so all sellers looking can add them to their list. Now you know for next time.

Shhh, keep it a secret. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Troll buyer

You can report the buyer to eBay, via the transaction, or through the links here: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/reporting-issue-buyer?id=4084

Sometimes eBay will do something (eg suspend the buyer's account), sometimes they won't, but the more reports they get about a specific member, the better IMHO. 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Troll buyer

go-tazz
Community Member

@cult-classics wrote:

I don't know how to report him to make ebay investigate his pattern of behavior......please advise

I have sent you a private message,(at the top above this post is is Messages and it should have a 1 in the box).

Just click on Messages and then on Reply to answer it.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Troll buyer

It's a waste of time mentioning a buyer's ID/username in feedback because they can easily change it and then it becomes useless.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Troll buyer

The old ID used to show for a few weeks though (plus a symbol to indicate the seller has had a name change in the past 30 days) or at least it used to

And no doubt they will indeed still do the same thing under the new user name so it would need to be a 'rolling' thing

If nothing else, at least 30 days worth of potential sellers can get a heads up

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Troll buyer

To add to what everyone else has said, if you've already left feedback for this buyer, you can add a reply, where you can mention their username. Often if eBay gets lots of reports about bad buyers they will do something. Without mentioning the buyers ID in the reply, we can't see who it is, so can't lodge a report.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply