Trouble relisting an item

I've been trying to relist an item which I've previously had listed successfully.

Due to the new eBay fees structure, I've made a couple of changes but every time I try and submit the listing it gives me the error 

'You can not submit your listing due to the following problems
  • Please enter a valid value.
  • An error has occurred
  • Go back and edit listing'
I have noticed every time it returns me to editing the listing, it changes the postage policy to my default policy, so I figure it has to be something to do with that. However no matter what I try the error still keeps happening.

I've changed the price of the item from $54.99 to $62.99.

I then changed my postage policy from 'Standard 500g Domestic Post at $7.20 with Express Post option at $9.90'

to 'Standard Post at $0 (ie free post) with Express Post option at $3 extra'. No international post is offered.

I even tried just using Standard Post at $0 with no Express option and it still failed.

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've used the same postage policy for 2 other free-post items without any problems. I just can't work out why it won't let me list the item!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How frustrating.

If you haven't tried already, (I'm thinking you probably have) perhaps create another postage policy from scratch - rather than edit one that appears to be bung.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Have you ticked the Free Postage box over on the right hand side? Then add Express as an option under "Offer additional service"

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

others have mentioned this afternoon that the free postage 'value' seems to have some sort of a glitch,

either make it $1 postage or wait and try again

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Tried that. Didn't work. 😞
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Have you tried to relist by using the sell similar choice ?  Worth a shot if you haven't.

Also double check that the wording of the standard delivery post policy matches exactly the current eBay service offering wording.  If there is any difference between the wording (which eBay changes with no advice from time to time) it may not default to the correct one. 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

In reply to thecatspjs:
"
Have you tried to relist by using the sell similar choice ?  Worth a shot if you haven't.

Also double check that the wording of the standard delivery post policy matches exactly the current eBay service offering wording. "

I've tried relisting and I've tried sell similar. Both have the same errors. I've made sure the wording in the policy is the same as eBay's wording on other existing policies but that didn't help either.

I'm still getting the errors. If I use the postage policy with Free Standard and $3 Express post, I get the "Please enter a valid value" error twice. ie 

You can not submit your listing due to the following problems
  • An error has occurred
If I take out the Express option and just use Standard Free post I only get the error once. ie
You can not submit your listing due to the following problems
  • An error has occurred

It's like it's not recognising the amount in the postage policy as being valid.

I've used the same postage policy on another item I have listed so I tried revising that by adding a dollar to the Item total and using the same postage policy but that worked fine.

This is very frustrating! 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe it is nothing to do with the postage. It would help if eBay actually told you where the error was in the listing.

Have you checked the category is still correct? eBay often makes category changes.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I've used the same postage policy on another item I have listed so I tried revising that by adding a dollar to the Item total and using the same postage policy but that worked fine.

This is a wierd idea, but save the listing that worked fine as a template, (as above) then change the relevant details - description blah blah and lsit as a newitem and see if if works.

It sounds like a real simple typo that your eye's may not be seeing coz you have looked at it for too long LOL

I know the feeling!

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

How frustrating.

If you haven't tried already, (I'm thinking you probably have) perhaps create another postage policy from scratch - rather than edit one that appears to be bung.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

2106greencat:
This is a wierd idea, but save the listing that worked fine as a template, (as above) then change the relevant details - description blah blah and lsit as a newitem and see if if works.

It sounds like a real simple typo that your eye's may not be seeing coz you have looked at it for too long LOL

thecatspjs:

I ended up listing it successfully by creating a new listing. The same thing has happened now with 2 other items I've tried to relist. Definitely not a typo or anything. Postage policy is the same. It's a real issue and very time consuming. 😞

I hate eBay's Postage Policy thingo. I find it's very limited. Even more frustrating with errors like this that make no sense. How can you get a incorrect value error when the value of postage is 0 and free post box ticked?! 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply