Turbo Lister listing with multiple self-hosted pictures but only the first makes it through.

Does this happen to anyone else and how can it be fixed?

On the Turbo Lister pictures/"Photo Hosting" section, you can use "Self-hosted pictures" (copy and paste URLs of the photos you uploaded to another website) or you can "Click to insert a picture" ("eBay Picture Services").

The former is a lot faster to upload listings with but for some reason, only the first photo appears in the eBay listing, the rest just disappear.

The latter is a lot slower (because Turbo Lister has to upload each and every photo) but all photos show up as normal to be browsed by buyers. If I used this method for hundreds of listings, it would probably take hours to upload.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Turbo Lister listing with multiple self-hosted pictures but only the first makes it through.

I don't use Turbo Lister but I have used File Exchange to upload some listings. I have seen similar behaviour using that tool.

If I upload my pictures to an external server first then use a pic URL in the images field then multiple pictures (including variation pics) will be on the listing when the job is done, but hosted on the remote servers. ie self-hosted.

But... but... and here is the cruncher... if in the future I go to manually revise that same listing all but one (the primary image) of the images will be removed from the listing. Just disappear as you say!

The only way to get them back is to manually add the pics back onto the EPS.

The problem with doing this is that ebay will not allow you to have mixed image sources on the one listing. ie some from self-hosted and some from EPS. Most of our products have variations so we have variation pics loaded as well. So to correct the listing you have to remove ALL images (incl variations) first then manually re-upload them all. After painstakingly doing this all the pics then reside on the EPS and the listing behaves as it should. Future revisions work ok after that.

So... I have stopped using File Exchange to upload new listings. Its useless this way to me. I called ebay technical team about the problem and all they would say was that they were aware of the problem and it was on the table to be fixed up but would not commit to a time-frame. I wanted them to include an option in the File Exchange upload so you could choose whether your images reside on EPS or be self-hosted. Simple solution to me. Unless you have an exceptionally fast external host server, keep in mind that EPS will always be faster to display your pics to a buyer. Slow image loads might be a bit frustrating for a potential buyer.

So these problems you describe for TL could be related somehow.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

Unfortunately with TurboLister self-hosted pictures only work for Picture 1, and in fact it is also copied to the eBay server.  However you can put other self hosted pictures into the body of the description,either with HTML, or use of the little green camera icon on the Description builder.. 

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@thegaminggamer wrote:

Does this happen to anyone else and how can it be fixed?

On the Turbo Lister pictures/"Photo Hosting" section, you can use "Self-hosted pictures" (copy and paste URLs of the photos you uploaded to another website) or you can "Click to insert a picture" ("eBay Picture Services").

The former is a lot faster to upload listings with but for some reason, only the first photo appears in the eBay listing, the rest just disappear.

The latter is a lot slower (because Turbo Lister has to upload each and every photo) but all photos show up as normal to be browsed by buyers. If I used this method for hundreds of listings, it would probably take hours to upload.

When using the eBay picture service hold down the Ctrl button and select all the photos you want to load

for the listing and then select insert,(that loads all the photos in one go).

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Looks like I'll have to use eBay Picture Services. I already link to images in HTML but I don't think most buyers even bother looking in the description section (especially if they are mobile users). It just takes so slow to upload the images this way (a minute a listing depending on how many images there are). I'd rather just give Turbo Lister the direct photobucket links and let eBay's and Photobucket's servers sort it out.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply